At Energy Matters we are committed to seeing Australia become a “Solar Nation”. For this to take place, renewable energy equipment must be affordable, of the highest quality and easily accessible to homeowners, schools, community groups and business. We not only provide the products to create a renewable future, but the expert services to build it and the education to support it. We use industry best equipment and adopt a best practice policy for design and installation
We have a genuine passion for what we do, and as one of the industry leaders, it shows. Everyone at Energy Matters is committed to creating access to clean, green and affordable energy. With a huge network of renewable energy experts, Energy Matters’ team is the key to our success in supplying the industry’s finest products and service.
Partnering with Energy Matters creates an clean energy solution that is friendly to both the environment and business. Installing solar power on a commercial or community property builds a positive image among stakeholders and demonstrates a solid commitment to practice a more sustainable way of life.
Energy Matters is a renewable energy provider for all Australians. Our mission is to be the best solar supply and installation company in Australia for medium scale and residential systems; continually striving to maintain excellence in components, installation and superior customer service.
- your independent renewable energy advisor, designing tailored solutions from a wide range of suppliers
- a reliable source of technical support and precision installation
- dedicated to raising community awareness about the benefits of renewable energy technology
Australia’s environment is unique and fragile. Energy Matters strives to preserve it for future generations. Our ultimate vision is of a country powered entirely by renewable energy.
We strive to:
- become the leading knowledge centre in our field by leveraging global research partnerships on renewable power and energy efficiency
- broaden the scope of available renewable energy technology in line with the latest improvements in concept and design
Walking Our Talk
We don’t just sell solar power equipment – we use it! We installed several systems on the roof or our head office in Melbourne.
Active in the school community
Energy Matters has been very engaged in bringing knowledge about renewable energy to schools and colleges throughout Australia more than a decade. For example, just in Tasmania alone, Energy Matters has recently been engaged in:
- Exhibiting solar equipment for Flinders Island School
- Conducting a demonstration for students at Exeter Primary School of how solar modules work
- We delivered an in-class demonstration and lecture on solar modules and wind power for grade 7 students at Reece High School
- Our staff delivered a presentation on solar modules for St. Mary’s school
- One of our staff members delivered a 12 week series of lectures as part of a TAFE course covering solar modules, wind generators, batteries, design of equipment and inverters
- We organised a tour of one of Tasmania’s hydro power stations for 70 students from the University of Tasmania. Apollo Energy took the students to a remote area hydro power station and delivered a lecture on solar, wind and hydro systems
- We presented a series of lectures on design of renewable energy systems at the Maritime College of Australia, where students had to design a power system for a remote village in India as part of their course
- Participating in a show about electric and solar powered boats at the Maritime College of Australia. This was part of a challenge in which university students worked on designing an electric boat that is solar powered to do a full length of the Tamer River and return (100km trip).
Our staff also conducted training of laboratory technicians and teaching staff to enable them to train children in the classroom. 30-40 technical teachers attended this course from all across Tasmania. Participants were trained on how solar modules work and how they can use that information to demonstrate applications to kids (solar cars, solar boats and other types of experimental construction in classrooms).
If your school in interested in educational materials or sessions on renewable energy, please contact us
Providing industry training
We’re also very active in a variety of industries, helping to educate key decision makers and tradespeople on green energy topics. For example, we delivered educational talks on renewable energy for management and technicians of an electrical retailer, Aurora Energy.
We also delivered a presentation on installation of solar power systems onto residential buildings for the Architectural Institute of Tasmania that was attended by council building inspectors and architects.
We realize that solar power alone will not save the planet from climate change. Energy Matters embarked on a tree planting initiative to assist communities in other countries address issues of deforestation, while helping to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.