Honda 12V 2.5Hp 55Amp High Powered Outback Campers Battery Charger With Digital Amp meter
PROUDLY MADE IN AUSTRALIA
The Outback Battery Charger is the fastest possible way to charge flat batteries whilst camping in remote areas with car fridges. Solar panels are always too bulky, and far too expensive, but on the other hand they are quiet. 240-volt generators with 12-volt outlets just won’t charge vehicle batteries efficiently and are always a problem. The Christies Charger is basically a 50cc, 1.8 kw 4 stroke Honda engine accompanied by a 55 amp Bosch alternator, the unit allowing a 2 stage regulated voltage change with the flick of a switch. The Charger can supply sufficient charge to a flat battery in approximately 5 minutes to start a car or tractor and campers will find the unit ideal when flat batteries can be charged at 55 amps per hour (max). This allows continuous use of portable fridges, lights etc without the fear of exhausting the power supply. The unit may also find favour as an emergency lighting power or battery charging with boaties while mobile mechanics may also embrace the virtually ‘instant power’ offered by the Christie.
- This charger is designed for recharging 1 N70 sized battery only
- Farmers can supply enough charge in as little as 5 minutes to start machinery.
- Campers can run car fridges for 24 hours and charge their batteries in as little as 1hour.
- 12 Volt lighting or other appliances can be powered in emergency situations.
- Ideal for the marine industry, backup for solar powered sites, emergency services, earth moving contractors, mobile mechanics and outback camper.
- Environmentally friendly Honda 50cc 4-stroke engine.
- Australian made Bosch alternator.
- Low or high charge rate, by the flick of a switch.
- Short circuit and over voltage protected.
- Super bright LED amp meter display, for charging indication.
- Lightweight, weighing only 12 kg.
- High current Leads, 3m long with alligator clamps.
- 24 Months Warranty for Honda Motor
- 12 Months Warranty on the battery charger component
|Electrical Characteristics |
|Engine ||Honda GXH50 air cooled 4 stroke |
|Alternator ||Bosch 55 amp |
Max engine power
|1.8 Kw, 2.5Hp at 7000rpm |
|Fuel capacity ||1.2 Litres |
|Fuel consumption ||Approx. ¾ Litres / hour |
|Oil capacity ||0.25 Litres |
|Starting system ||Recoil |
|Electric output ||12 Volts D.C. |
|Max voltage (low) ||14 Volts regulated |
|Max voltage (high) ||14.8 Volts regulated |
|Max amp output ||55 Amps |
|Voltage cut out ||18 Volts |
|Amp meter display ||Digital LED (1dec. point) |
|Noise level ||74 dba@7 metres max. |
|Mechanical Characteristics |
|Weight ||12 kg |
|Dimensions ||410 L x 275 W x 370 H mm |
Quality and Safety
- 4 Stroke Honda Engine
- Bosch alternator
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 10 January, 2007.