Morningstar 10Amp 12Volt DC SHS10 Solar Controller
Morningstar's well-known high-quality and reliability is now available in a low cost solar controller. The SHS6 12V DC 10A Controller is ideal for rural electrification systems with one to three solar panels.
Benefits of a Solar Controller
Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements
- The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged.
- Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity. The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery.
Provides Useful Information
- Provides Useful Information - The SHS controller has four LED's that indicate solar charging, high to low battery status, low voltage warning and any mistakes. We do not use multi-colored LED's which oftentimes are confusing.
Advantage of The SHS Controller
- Low Cost - The SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
- High Reliability - Morningstar is a world-leading supplier of solar charge controllers. All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The SHS controller has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
- Electronic Protections - The SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
- Tropicalization - The SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
- Easy to Use - The SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
- Better Battery Charging - The SHS is a series PWM controller with 4 stages: Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float. The battery charging is temperature compensated. We do not design shunt controllers which may cause overheating of the electronics.
- High Quality Automated Production - All Morningstar controllers including the SHS are produced in an ISO 9000 certified factory. The SHS uses surface mount technology (SMT) electronics and 100% automated functional testing to ensure consistent quality.
- Meets Testing Standards - The SHS controller is certified to comply with CE and World Bank specifications.
|Power Rating |
|Rated Solar Input ||10 A |
|Rated Load Output ||10 A |
|Load inrush capability ||100 A |
|Voltage ||12V DC |
|Control Set points |
|Regulation point ||14.3 V |
|Boost14.4 V |
|Float ||14.0 V |
|Low voltage disconnect (LVD) ||11.5 V |
|Low voltage reconnect ||12.6 V |
|High voltage disconnect ||15.0 V |
|Electrical Characteristics |
|Maximum Solar Voc ||30 V |
|Self-consumption ||8.4 mA |
|5.3 mA |
|Maximum Voltage Drop ||0.345 V |
|Parallel solar ||Yes |
|Parallel load ||No |
|Battery Charging |
|Charge algorithm ||PWM, constant voltage |
|4 Stage Charging ||Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float |
|Switching ||Negative leg |
|Boost Charging:Every 28 days for 1-2 hours |
|Float ||After 6 hours of regulation |
|LVD Delay ||20 mins |
|LVD warning ||Blink loads once at 15mins and 5 mins before LVD |
|Switching frequency ||10 Hz |
|Temperature Compensation |
|-30 mV/ºC |
|Regulator, boost, float |
|0 ºC to 50ºC |
|Electronic Protections |
|Solar Short Circuit ||Auto recovery when cleared |
|Solar Over current ||Auto recovery when cleared |
|Load Short Circuit ||Auto recovery at 10 sec and 20 sec after short continue auto recovery attempt every day at dusk |
|Load Over current ||Auto recovery at 1 min and 2 min after over current continue auto recovery attempt every day at dusk |
|High Voltage Disconnect ||Disconnect solar and load, no auto recovery |
|Battery Removal ||Protect loads against solar Voc |
|Lightning ||1500W transient surge suppressors protects solar, load and battery |
|Reverse Polarity ||Solar, load and battery connections |
|Reverse current at night ||Prevents battery from discharging through solar |
|LED Indicators |
|1.Green On ||Solar is charging battery |
|2. Green On ||Battery level full |
|3. Yellow On ||Battery level medium |
|4. Red Blink ||Battery level low ...LVD warning |
|5. Red On ||LVD |
|Green then Yellow then Red ||Indicates normal start-up |
|Green, Yellow, Red together ||Fault: Load short circuit or load over current or solar over current or high voltage disconnect |
|Mechanical Characteristics |
|Dimensions ||15.1 x 6.6 x 3.6 cm |
|Weight ||113 g |
|Wire terminals ||6 mm² |
Quality and Safety
- ISO 9000
- En55022:1994 amendments A1 and A2 to include Radiated Emissions
- EN/IEC 6100-6-2:1999 Electromagnetic compatibility - Generic immunity standard Part 2: Industrial environment.
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 October, 2007.