PLEASE NOTE: This competition is now closed, but if you're interested in finding out more about solar power for your home, call one of our expert Solar Advisors on 1300 727 151 or get a free quote online. To find out more about our Valentine's Day campaign; click here.
"As a new convert to solar, I want other Australians to be as happy as I am so I'm on the lookout to find the person who has been most cheated on by their electricity provider. I will give them a free Energy Matters 2 kW solar power system so they too can divest themselves of unnecessary relationship baggage. If you feel you are this person, enter now. The winner will be flown to Melbourne on Valentine’s Day for a special ceremony where they will marry their new life partner – solar power; I’ll even be the celebrant!" Greg Evans.
Competition terms and conditions below.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Energy Matter Pty Ltd ABN: 45118108044 of 101-105 Clarke St, South Melbourne, Australia
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents
4. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian approval to submit an entry and must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entrants can submit no more than 1 entry per person.
6. Entrants must be available on February 13th-14th to travel to Melbourne where they will attend a media event with Greg Evans and partake in a mock commitment ceremony and be ‘married’ to a solar panel.
7. Entrants must be willing to participate in media interviews on February 13th-14th.
How to Enter
8. Entries must be submitted via the Energy Matters website. www.energymatters.com.au
9. To enter the competition, entrants must submit in 50 words or less how they have been ‘cheated-on’ by their electricity provider.
10. Entries open Monday 12.01am AEDST on 21/01/2013 and will close at 2.00pm AEDST on 4/02/2013 (the “Entry Period"). All times throughout these Terms and Conditions will be based on Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDST") depending upon the date.
11. When submitting an entry, an entrant must comply with all applicable laws and regulations and must not submit or transmit any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever:
a. that is not original material in which the entrant owns copyright, unless the entrant is authorised by the copyright owner to post or transmit that material for the purposes of the competition;
b. that violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including a person’s intellectual property or privacy rights;
c. that is unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, vulgar, profane or indecent or that is sexual or pornographic in nature;
d. that vilifies, insults or humiliates any person on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
e. that identifies any person other than the entrant, unless the entrant has obtained the consent of that person to submit the material for the purposes of the competition;
f. that advertises or promotes any goods or services, websites, competitions or schemes or otherwise for commercial purposes; or
g. that is knowingly incorrect, misleading or deceptive.
12. The Promoter may, but is under no obligation to, monitor or review the contents of the entries and may remove any materials (in whole or in part) that in its sole discretion is in any way objectionable or in violation of any applicable law or these terms and conditions.
13. Responsibility for the content of any information, text or other material submitted as an entry rests solely with the entrant who submits it.
14. Without limiting any other terms herein, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its directors, officers, employees, and agents (the Indemnified Parties) on a full indemnity basis for all direct and consequential loss and damage and liabilities, whether monetary or capable of being converted into money, suffered by any of the Indemnified Parties, as a result of, or caused or contributed to by, any act or omission, including any breach of any of these terms and conditions, by the entrant.
15. All successful entries will go into the private judging stage. In this stage all successful entries will be reviewed by an judging panel and the winner will be chosen.
16. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The panel will review all eligible entries and will select one entry that best encapsulates the essence of being cheated-on by electricity suppliers. The winner will be selected on 5/02/2013. Judging will take place at the Promoter’s agent’s office in Bondi Beach (or at an undisclosed location otherwise determined as required by the Promoter).
17. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each valid entry will be individually judged. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
18. The winners will be notified by email on 5/02/2013. The winner will also be published on www.energymatters.com.au and Energy Maters newsletter. Following the completed draw the winner will be announced via the Energy Matters Facebook page
19. The prize consists of one (1) 2kW Solar Power System valued at $4,477, return flights for the winner and one (1) guest from any Australian Capital City to Melbourne and accommodation (twin share room) departing 13/02/2013 and returning 14/02/2013 (each a ‘Prize’, together the ‘Prize Pool’).
20. Prize is subject to booking availability.
21. Prizes are transferable to immediate family & friends of the winner and are not exchangeable or cannot be taken as cash.
General Terms and Conditions
22.The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, including where the Promoter reasonably suspects that an entry has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or entries that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries may be deemed invalid and errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. The Promoter's decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including as a result of mechanical tampering or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant, including any entries submitted by them; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
26. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly, is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as under any other similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever submitted as an entry in this competition (e) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize.
28. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter agent by calling AC Agency on (02) 9365 0007.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored by any other entity other than the Promoter. The Promoter can cancel or modify the promotion at its discretion.