Victron Energy Precision Battery Monitoring
Identifying exactly how much energy is left in a battery is not easy.
In order to keep an accurate record of how much energy is stored in a battery it is necessary to keep account of all the factors that affect it and this is a complex matter.
Once a reliable reading of the state of charge of the battery is available, however, life starts to get an awful lot less complicated. No more nasty surprises with batteries going flat unexpectedly, and it becomes possible to manage batteries on fact rather than guess work.
It is amazing how much power you can have with a little extra knowledge!
The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere-hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery. Ampere-hours consumed is calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery. In case of a constant current, this integration is equivalent to current multiplied by time. A discharge current of 10A during 2 hours, for example, amounts to 20Ah consumed. All our battery monitors are based on a powerful microprocessor, programmed with the algorithms needed for precision monitoring.
Standard information and alarms
- Battery voltage (V)
- Battery charge/discharge current (A)
- Ampere-hours consumed (Ah)
- State of charge (%)
- Time to go at the current rate of discharge
- Visual and audible alarm: over- and under voltage, and/or battery discharged
BMV 600 low cost ultra high resolution monitor
- Highest resolution: 10mA (0,01A) with 500A shunt.
- Lowest current consumption: 1mA
- Easiest to wire: the BMV 601 comes with shunt, 10 meter RJ 12 UTP cable and 2 meter battery cable with fuse. No other components needed.
- Easiest to install: separate front bezel for square or round appearance; ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
|Battery Monitor BMV600Power supply voltage |
|Current draw, back light off ||9V - 95V DC |
|Input voltage range ||1mA |
|Battery capacity ||9V - 95V DC |
|Operating temperature range ||20Ah - 9999Ah |
|Resolution ( with 500 A shunt) |
|Current ||± 0,01 A |
|Voltage ||± 0.01 V |
|Amp hours ||± 0.1 Ah |
|State of charge ||± 0.1 % |
|Time to go ||± 1 min |
|Accuracy of current measurement ||± 0.3 % |
|Accuracy of voltage measurement ||± 0.4 % |
|Installation and Dimensions |
|Installation ||Flush mount |
|Front ||60 diameter |
|Front bezel ||69 x 69 mm |
|Body diameter ||52 mm |
|Body depth ||31 mm |
|Included Accessories |
|Shunt ||500 A / 50mV |
|Cables ||10 meter 6 core UTP with RJ12 connectors |
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 10 January, 2007.