Twas the night before Christmas, and do you know what was grouse?
The lights were flashing in the solar powered house.
There were panels on the roof and an inverter on the wall,
and the family’s electricity bill was starting to fall.
Christmas used to cost the earth, bills getting higher and higher,
But now the family had become their own energy supplier.
This year, Solar Claus is coming to Borgnis Street, Davidson in NSW. Energy Matters is powering Christmas in one of Australia’s most festively lit streets, with solar helping to minimise electricity bills for its residents.
To celebrate, we’re running a competition to win a 1kW solar power system valued at $3,299! It’s simple to enter:
The photo displaying the best “Christmas is…” sign will win!*
Energy Matters will give anyone who mentions “Solar Claus” 10% off the price of their chosen solar power system throughout December. In addition, we’ll be donating $100 from every system purchase to the Borgnis Street residents’ charity of choice, Bear Cottage
Call us now on 1300 727 151 to find out how we can reduce your electricity bills and offset the cost of Christmas for you.
From team Energy Matters, who’ll power your Christmas lights, Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!
Energy Matters Facebook Solar Claus Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Energy Matters Pty Ltd ABN 45 118 108 044 of Level 2, 101-105 Clarke Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian approval to have their photo taken/submit an entry and their parent / guardian must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entrants can enter no more than 1 photo per person.
How to Enter
6. To enter the competition, all entrants must “like” the Energy Matters Facebook page. This provides access to the Solar Claus photo album and ability to tag photos.
7. There are 2 options to enter:
a. At the Solar Claus Grotto located at 36 Borgnis Street, Davidson, NSW.
Entrants will have their photo taken at the Solar Claus Grotto by the Promoter’s staff.
This photo will be uploaded to the Promoter’s Facebook page
Entrants must tag themselves in their photo to ensure their entry is valid.
b. Online via the printable PDF
Entrants who are not able to visit the Solar Claus Grotto can download a printable sign.
The entrant must print the sign in its entirety and write what ‘Christmas is..’ to them
Entrants must post a photo to the Energy Matters Facebook wall of them holding the sign
Once the image is approved internally it will be published as a valid entry.
8. Entries open Wednesday 12.01am AEDST on 05/12/2012 and will close at 11:59pm AEDST on 26/12/2012 (the “Entry Period"). All times throughout these Terms and Conditions will be based on Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDST").
9. When submitting an entry, an entrant must comply with all applicable laws and regulations and must not post, submit or transmit any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever:
a. that is not original material in which the entrant owns copyright, unless the entrant is authorised by the copyright owner to post or transmit that material for the purposes of the competition;
b. that violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including a persons intellectual property or privacy rights;
c. that is unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, vulgar, profane or indecent or that is sexual or pornographic in nature;
d. that vilifies, insults or humiliates any person on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
e. that identifies any person other than the entrant, unless the entrant has obtained the consent of that person to submit the material for the purposes of the competition;
f. that advertises or promotes any goods or services, websites, competitions or schemes or otherwise for commercial purposes; or
g. that is knowingly incorrect, misleading or deceptive.
10. The Promoter may, but is under no obligation to, monitor or review the contents of the entries and may remove any materials (in whole or in part) that in its sole discretion is in any way objectionable or in violation of any applicable law or these terms and conditions.
11. Responsibility for the content of any information, image, text or other material submitted as an entry rests solely with the entrant who submits it.
12. Without limiting any other terms herein, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) on a full indemnity basis for all direct and consequential loss and damage and liabilities, whether monetary or capable of being converted into money, suffered by any of the Indemnified Parties, as a result of, or caused or contributed to by, any act or omission, including any breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, by the entrant.
13. All photo entries that have been correctly tagged/uploaded will then go into the private judging stage. In this stage all successful entries will be reviewed by an independent judging panel and the winner will be chosen.
14. The winners will be selected by a panel of 4 judges appointed by the Promoter. The panel will review all eligible entries and will select one entry that best encapsulates the essence of Christmas. The winner will be selected on 10/01/2013. Judging will take place at the Promoter’s agent’s office in Bondi Beach (or at an undisclosed location otherwise determined as required by the Promoter).
15. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each valid entry will be individually judged, based upon creative merit around the theme ‘Christmas is’. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used in any other competitions.
16. The winners will be notified by Facebook message on 15/01/2012. The winner will also be published on www.energymatters.com.au following the completed draw and announced via the Energy Matters Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/energymattersau/ .
17. The total prize pool is valued at $3,299 and consists of one (1) 1kW Solar Power System installed on premises nominated by the winning entrant (each a ‘Prize’, together the ‘Prize Pool’).
18. The supply and installation of the Prize is subject to Energy Matters Goods and Services Terms and Conditions, available at www.energymatters.com.au/terms/good-services-terms.pdf .
19. Prizes are transferable to immediate family & friends of the winner and are not exchangeable or cannot be taken as cash.
General Terms and Conditions
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, including where the Promoter reasonably suspects that an entry has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or entries that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries may be deemed invalid and errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. The Promoter's decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including as a result of mechanical tampering or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant, including any entries submitted by them; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly, is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as under any other similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever submitted as an entry in this competition (e) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize.
27. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter agent by calling AC Agency on (02) 9365 0007.
28. This promotion is in no way sponsored by any other entity other than the Promoter. The Promoter can cancel or modify the promotion at its discretion.