Ampair 12Volt 300Watt Marine Wind Turbine
The design of the Ampair 300 combines modern styling with low visual impact and quiet operation. It is suitable for larger yachts, small industrial & scientific locations, or remote holiday cabins. This micro wind turbine has evolved from the outstandingly rugged Ampair 100 unit with the addition of the revolutionary PowerFurl™ blade pitch control system, advanced aerodynamic blade design and a more powerful generator.
The accurate aerofoil construction of each turbine blade minimizes noise and vibration
optimising performance and improves the power to weight ratio. The rigid blade design avoids “whooping”, “motor boating”, or “screaming”, (vibration,
resonance and flutter).
Automatic pitch control provides a smooth control of turbine speed in strong winds whilst continuing to generate. The Ampair 300 operates without the need for thermal cutouts, chokes, commutatorbrushes or complex control electronics.
An integral sealing system protects internal components from condensation and corrosion. Revolutionary PowerFurl™ hub runs on low friction polymer bearings for long life with no lubrication requirement. Throughout the design all components are selected for corrosion resistance and durability -all our turbines are marine grade.
A powerful, low-speed alternator converts the turbine motion to 3 phase AC electricity. This allows use of lighter cables to feed the regulator whilst
minimising voltage drop and power loss.
Engineered to be smooth running, quiet and vibration free the Ampair 300 benefits from a pedigree stretching back well over 25 years.
- combines non-intrusive operation with elegant modern styling,
- accurate aerofoil construction of each turbine blade optimises performance, minimises noise and vibration, and improves power-to-weight ratio,
- rigid blade design avoids "whooping", "motor boating", or "screaming", (vibration, resonance, and flutter),
- integral marine-grade sealing system protects internal components from condensation and corrosion,
- simple pole mounting allows installation in many locations,
- operates with no thermal cut-outs, commutator brushes, or complex electronics,
- revolutionary simultaneous PowerFurl TM blade pitch control system reduces turbine speed in high winds whilst maintaining power output,
- three phase AC output from turbine minimises voltage drop and permits use of smaller cables; external DC rectifier included in system,
- wide range of accessories available including various mounting option
- Note: An external rectifier/regulator is required and is not included with this item
|Power rating ||300W at 12.6 m/s or 25 knots |
|Voltage Options ||12 V DC |
|Output ||3 phase AC - external rectifier in regulator |
|Start up wind speed ||3 m/s or 6 knots |
|Over speed protection ||Blade pitch control |
|Turbine diameter ||1200 mm |
|Weight ||10.5 kg |
|Blades ||GRP |
|Housing ||Die cast aluminium(powder coated) |
Quality and Safety
- Where relevant the Ampair , Aquair , and UW systems conform to the following standards:
- G83/1: Recommendations for the connection of small-scale embedded generators (up to 16A per phase) in parallel with public low-voltage distribution networks.
- BS EN 61400 part 2 (1996): Wind turbine generator systems: Design requirements of small wind systems
- BS EN IEC 60335-1 (1994): Safety Of Household Electrical Appliances
- LV Directive 73/23/EC: EU Low Voltage Directive
- WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC: EU Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Directive
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC: EU Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
- EMC Directive 89/336/EC: EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive.
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 October, 2007.