The Energy Matters Power Monitor approximately measures the electricity generated by a solar power system and also the
energy consumed by the household. It can be used to confirm a solar power system
is working properly and also help monitor and reduce household energy consumption.
The system consists of two elements - the monitoring devices and an online interface.
THE POWER MONITOR
The physical power monitor element consists of a gateway (plugged into
a router via Ethernet), two battery powered sensors and a transmitter with
The sensors are attached to
cables in the switchboard. The transmitter relays the information to the
gateway, which sends the data through a secure connection
to a central database via the user's WiFi network and broadband connection.
The batteries in the transmitter should last
1-2 years and are simple to replace.
THE ONLINE INTERFACE
Users can login to the secure My
Energy Matters interface via their handheld device or computer and view how their system is performing 24/7; plus
consumption in real time, view charts and set email alerts. Features will be regularly added to
the online interface as they are developed.
Energy Matters Power Monitor Online Dashboard
Sample Energy Matters Power Monitor Performance Chart
TRY THE DEMO:
Access the demonstration
CURRENT KEY FEATURES
- Emails an alert if your solar PV system stops working
- Email an alert if your consumption goes above a certain limit
- Tells you what percentage of your consumption is supplied by your solar PV
- Allows you to identify power hungry appliances and reduce your consumption
- Single phase electricity supply & single switchboard on the site
- Broadband internet with a spare Ethernet port on the router
ENERGY MATTERS POWER MONITOR DOWNLOADS
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 05 November, 2012.