Hills 250L Electric Boosted 22 Evacuated Tubes Solar Hot Water System
PLEASE NOTE: Hills' solar hot water systems business ceased operating
in January 2013. To view other manufacturers of solar hot water systems, please click
Evacuated tube technology delivers significantly better performance than traditional absorbers on the market today. Their advanced design incorporates tubes that consist of 2 layers of borosilicate glass with a vacuum layer between them. The vacuum acts like a thermos flask, retaining up to 97% of the thermal energy, resulting in an increased efficiency. The Sun's thermal energy is then transferred to the manifold via the heat pipe located in each tube.
The small amount of evaporative liquid in each tube is super heated by the sun's energy and forms into a gas. The gas rises to the top of each pipe. Heat transfer then occurs between the pipe and water passing through the manifold . The water is then transferred to the tank.
The cylindrical design of the tubes ensures effective collection of the sun's thermal energy throughout the day.
Hills Solar Evacuated Tubes are frost tolerant and have passed the AS/NZ 2712 2007 Standards for both, Hail & Freeze Resistance. The Hills Solar Hot Water Systems have passed the Freeze Test to –15° C without the need for a heat exchanger or Glycol.
A Hills Solar Evacuated Tube hot water system can efficiently capture this free energy and provide you with up to 80% savings on your hot water heating costs. Considering Australia is one of the sunniest countries on the planet it makes sense to utilize this resource by installing a Hills Solar Evacuated Tube hot water system. Not only will you save money but you will also reduce your family’s CO2 emissions by up to 3 tonnes per year.
Solar System Comprises Following Components
- 22 tube solar hot water collector system - includes manifold, evacuated tubes and copper heat pipes
- 250 litre electric stainless steel tank - Australian made, designed and owned
- Standard frame for flush mounting solar collectors to tin or tile roofs
- Standard flow electric pump for up to 20m run
- Resol solar controller
- Flow rate controller
- Air bleeder for tube manifold
- 4 way valve
- Miscellaneous components - rubber pads, stainless steel straps, screws, bolts etc
Evacuated Tube Features
- Hills Solar evacuated glass tubes provide superior daily heat output due to the cylindrical absorber always being perpendicular to the sun.
- Insulation properties of the vacuum in the Hills Solar evacuated tube allow J92% of the heat from the sun to be retained.
- Heat is rapidly transferred from the copper heat pipe and header to the circulating water from the storage tank, passing through a well-insulated manifold, ensuring maximum solar heat gain.
- The Rockwool insulated collector manifold, sealed evacuated tubes and freeze-protected heat pipes allow reliable operation even in the coldest areas1 and on cloudy or overcast days.
- Due to their cylindrical shape Hills Solar evacuated glass tubes are naturally self-cleaning when it rains and thus don’t lose performance through the accumulation of dirt and pollutants.
- The internal copper manifold pipe in the Hills Solar collector is 35mm in diameter, ensuring greater water flow and is excellent for thermo siphon systems
- For both gas and electric boosted systems, the Hills Solar collector uses advanced heat pipe technology to provide not only high solar conversion efficiency but also protection against freezing and leaking of any water through the evacuated glass tubes
- The stainless steel collector frame provides both strength and long-term corrosion resistance.
- Easy installation and reliable operation is ensured through automated pump operation, low temperature protection and pre-wired power and sensor leads via the Hills Solar controller.
- Hills solar evacuated tube collector and manifold 10 years warranty*
- Everlast stainless steel storage tanks 10 years warranty*
|Product description ||22 tube collector |
|Product code - EB(Electric Boosted) ||EB-250-E-22 |
|Weight ||82 kg |
|Height of collector(inc manifold) ||2000 mm |
|Width of collector ||1845 mm |
|Surface area of collector ||3.69 m² |
|Absorber area of collector ||1.76 m² |
|Aperture area of collector ||2.086 m² |
|Water that manifold in collector holds ||1260 ml |
|Weight of low pitched roof frame ||10.5 kg |
|Weight of a frame (for flat roof) ||11.5 kg |
|Storage tank ||250 Litres Tank |
|Size in litres (Actual) ||250 (264) |
|Height ||1620 mm |
|Diameter ||580 mm |
|Weight empty ||53 kg |
|Weight full ||317 kg |
|Hot water outlet ||1191 mm |
|Return flow to tank ||370 mm |
|Cold water inlet ||168 mm |
|Electric cable entry ||143 mm |
|Optional Extras |
|For pumping over 20 metres run |
|Angle frame suitable for flat roof - 9 to 27 degree pitch |
|Angle frame suitable for flat roof - 35 to 67 degree pitch |
|High temperature tempering valve |
Everlast 250Litres Stainless steel storage tanks
Australian Made, Designed & Owned
All Hills Solar Systems use stainless steel tanks which have a natural oxide barrier to corrosion. Stainless steel tanks remove the requirement for a sacrificial anode.
A UV stable polymer outer casing provides an attractive finish and eliminates the rust which can occur on the outer casing of vitreous enamel steel tanks. Stainless steel tanks are tough, durable and lighter than their equivalent vitreous enamel mild steel tanks.
Hills Solar offer electric boosted solar systems to sustain the water at an appropriate temperature when radiant heat is low and there is cloud cover and rain. The system comes with a standard 3.6kw bottom element however, can be changed to a 4.8kw element to conform with different State regulations. Positioning of the element ensures you will have a full tank of hot water available.
Suitable for all climates
Hills Solar Evacuated Tubes are frost tolerant and have passed the AS/NZS 2712:2007 Standards for both, Hail & Freeze Resistance. The Hills Solar Hot Water Systems have passed the Severe Freeze Test to –15° C without the need for a heat exchanger or glycol.
Suitable for standard roof
The ideal location for collectors is facing due North, however 45 degrees North West or North East is acceptable with minimal loss of efficiency due to the cylindrical design. Hills provides stainless steel frames that allow the collector to be positioned to make the most of any roof orientation.
No of RECs"Renewable Energy Certificates" for an Installation per Zone over 15 Years
|Product Code ||Electric Boosted Systems ||No of RECs for an Installation per Zone over 15 Years |
|Zone 1 ||Zone 2 ||Zone 3 ||Zone 4 |
|EB 160 E 10 ||160L Electric Boosted 10 Tube Collector ||11 ||12 ||11 ||9 |
|EB 250 E 10 ||250L Electric Boosted 10 Tube Collector ||14 ||13 ||14 ||11 |
|EB 250 E 22 ||250L Electric Boosted 22 Tube Collector ||24 ||24 ||24 ||20 |
|EB 250 E 30 ||250L Electric Boosted 30 Tube Collector ||30 ||29 ||30 ||25 |
|EB 315 E 22 ||315L Electric Boosted 22 Tube Collector ||23 ||22 ||23 ||17 |
|EB 315 E 30 ||315L Electric Boosted 40 Tube Collector ||28 ||27 ||28 ||22 |
|EB 315 E 40 ||315L Electric Boosted 40 Tube Collector ||32 ||30 ||32 ||28 |
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 October, 2007.