Solar Power In Adelaide, SA, 5000
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in South Australia, including Adelaide (postcode: 5000) and the Adelaide City region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout SA.
Adelaide not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Adelaide
South Australia, 5000
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Adelaide , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Adelaide City region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly South Australia team on 133-SUN.
Adelaide's solar energy resources
On average, Adelaide receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.47 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Adelaide should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 19° to 29° and the optimal angle is 24°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Adelaide
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Adelaide and is based on components well suited to Adelaide - Central and Hills area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Adelaide: 6.3936 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.0618 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.6714 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2334 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $700 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Adelaide
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Adelaide: 12.7872 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.1236 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.3428 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4669 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1400 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Adelaide
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Adelaide: 21.312 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 10.206 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.238 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7782 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2334 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Adelaide
Solar installations in Adelaide, SA, 5000
There are 395 solar PV installations in Adelaide's postcode, 5000, totaling 2299.26 kW of capacity. The 5000 postcode accounts for 0.026% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Adelaide area.
The average system size in Adelaide is 5.82kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Adelaide's postcode area are generating an average of 10278 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $92499 monthly and $1125407 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 5000 postcode is enough to fully power 639 Australian homes.
Adelaide solar carbon offset
System owners in Adelaide's postcode are collectively avoiding 3751 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1501 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 539 - 1347 cars off Adelaide's roads.
Adelaide, South Australia regional boundaries
Other related Adelaide information
Adelaide's coordinates are -34.92577,138.599732 and its weather station is located at Adelaide City. Adelaide City weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Adelaide: 4.47 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.20 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.35 kPa
- Humidity: 62.56%
- Air temperature: 16.59 degrees C
- Earth temperature:18.63 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Adelaide
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Adelaide households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Adelaide and the Adelaide City region. For more SA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in South Australia or call our Adelaide hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Adelaide
Join Adelaide's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Adelaide and the Adelaide City region. Call our South Australia team on 133-SUN for more information.