Solar Power In Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Balwyn (postcode: 3103) and the Boroondara region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Balwyn not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Balwyn
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Balwyn , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Boroondara region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Balwyn's solar energy resources
On average, Balwyn receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.12 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Balwyn should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Balwyn
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Balwyn and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - Inner East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Balwyn: 5.8914 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4138 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.5688 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2151 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $645 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Balwyn
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Balwyn: 11.7828 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8276 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.1376 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4303 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1291 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Balwyn
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Balwyn: 19.638 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.046 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.896 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7173 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2151 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Balwyn
Solar installations in Balwyn, VIC, 3103
There are 387 solar PV installations in Balwyn's postcode, 3103, totaling 1137.12 kW of capacity. The 3103 postcode accounts for 0.025% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Balwyn area.
The average system size in Balwyn is 2.94kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Balwyn's postcode area are generating an average of 4685 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $42164 monthly and $513000 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3103 postcode is enough to fully power 316 Australian homes.
Balwyn solar carbon offset
System owners in Balwyn's postcode are collectively avoiding 1710 tonnes (coal fired power) or 684 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 246 - 614 cars off Balwyn's roads.
Balwyn, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Balwyn information
Balwyn's coordinates are -37.812845,145.081354 and its weather station is located at Melbourne. Melbourne weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Balwyn: 4.12 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.62 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.93 kPa
- Humidity: 65.01%
- Air temperature: 15.48 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Balwyn
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Balwyn households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Balwyn and the Boroondara region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Balwyn hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Balwyn
Join Balwyn's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Balwyn and the Boroondara region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.