Solar Power In Brisbane, QLD, 4001
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Brisbane (postcode: 4001) and the region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Brisbane not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Brisbane
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Brisbane , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Brisbane's solar energy resources
On average, Brisbane receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.81 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Brisbane should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 12° to 22° and the optimal angle is 17°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Brisbane
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Brisbane and is based on components well suited to area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Brisbane: 6.8796 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.4496 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.1962 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2512 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $753 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Brisbane
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Brisbane: 13.7592 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.8992 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.3924 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5024 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1507 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Brisbane
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Brisbane: 22.932 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 14.832 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.654 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8374 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2512 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Brisbane
Solar installations in Brisbane, QLD, 4001
There are 12 solar PV installations in Brisbane's postcode, 4001, totaling 117.19 kW of capacity. The 4001 postcode accounts for 0.001% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Brisbane area.
The average system size in Brisbane is 9.77kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Brisbane's postcode area are generating an average of 564 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $5073 monthly and $61723 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4001 postcode is enough to fully power 33 Australian homes.
Brisbane solar carbon offset
System owners in Brisbane's postcode are collectively avoiding 206 tonnes (coal fired power) or 82 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 30 - 74 cars off Brisbane's roads.
Other related Brisbane information
Brisbane's coordinates are -27.46758,153.027892 and its weather station is located at Archefield/Brisbane. Archefield/Brisbane weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Brisbane: 4.81 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.28 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.39 kPa
- Humidity: 72.36%
- Air temperature: 19.88 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.81 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Brisbane
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Brisbane households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Brisbane and the region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Brisbane hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Brisbane
Join Brisbane's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Brisbane and the region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.