Solar Power In Cairns Bay, TAS, 7116
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Tasmania, including Cairns Bay (postcode: 7116) and the Huon - Bruny Island region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout TAS.
Cairns Bay not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Cairns Bay
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Cairns Bay , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Huon - Bruny Island region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Tasmania team on 133-SUN.
Cairns Bay's solar energy resources
On average, Cairns Bay receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.66 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Cairns Bay should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 28° to 38° and the optimal angle is 33°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Cairns Bay
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Cairns Bay and is based on components well suited to South East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns Bay: 5.2326 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 1.8306 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.6832 kWh**
- Average annual output: 1911 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $573 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Cairns Bay
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns Bay: 10.4652 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 3.6612 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.3664 kWh**
- Average annual production: 3823 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1147 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Cairns Bay
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns Bay: 17.442 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 6.102 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 28.944 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6372 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $1911 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Cairns Bay
Solar installations in Cairns Bay, TAS, 7116
There are 166 solar PV installations in Cairns Bay's postcode, 7116, totaling 521.30 kW of capacity. The 7116 postcode accounts for 0.011% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Cairns Bay area.
The average system size in Cairns Bay is 3.14kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Cairns Bay's postcode area are generating an average of 1908 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $17172 monthly and $208921 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 7116 postcode is enough to fully power 145 Australian homes.
Cairns Bay solar carbon offset
System owners in Cairns Bay's postcode are collectively avoiding 696 tonnes (coal fired power) or 279 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 100 - 250 cars off Cairns Bay's roads.
Other related Cairns Bay information
Cairns Bay's coordinates are -43.191056,146.959609 and its weather station is located at Cape Bruny (LH). Cape Bruny (LH) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Cairns Bay: 3.66 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 7.28 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.38 kPa
- Humidity: 76.58%
- Air temperature: 11.70 degrees C
- Earth temperature:13.08 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Cairns Bay
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Cairns Bay households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Cairns Bay and the Huon - Bruny Island region. For more TAS solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Tasmania or call our Cairns Bay hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Cairns Bay
Join Cairns Bay's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Cairns Bay and the Huon - Bruny Island region. Call our Tasmania team on 133-SUN for more information.