Solar Power In Caloundra, QLD, 4551
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Caloundra (postcode: 4551) and the Caloundra region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Caloundra not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Caloundra
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Caloundra , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Caloundra region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Caloundra's solar energy resources
On average, Caloundra receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.09 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Caloundra should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 11° to 21° and the optimal angle is 16°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Caloundra
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Caloundra and is based on components well suited to Sunshine Coast area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Caloundra: 7.2792 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.617 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.7308 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2658 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $797 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Caloundra
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Caloundra: 14.5584 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 9.234 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.4616 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5317 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1595 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Caloundra
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Caloundra: 24.264 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 15.39 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.436 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8861 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2658 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Caloundra
Solar installations in Caloundra, QLD, 4551
There are 8133 solar PV installations in Caloundra's postcode, 4551, totaling 21529.79 kW of capacity. The 4551 postcode accounts for 0.532% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Caloundra area.
The average system size in Caloundra is 2.65kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Caloundra's postcode area are generating an average of 109587 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $986280 monthly and $11999736 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4551 postcode is enough to fully power 5980 Australian homes.
Caloundra solar carbon offset
System owners in Caloundra's postcode are collectively avoiding 39999 tonnes (coal fired power) or 16000 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 5743 - 14357 cars off Caloundra's roads.
Caloundra, Queensland regional boundaries
Other related Caloundra information
Caloundra's coordinates are -26.804636,153.130349 and its weather station is located at Maroochydore-Mooloolaba. Maroochydore-Mooloolaba weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Caloundra: 5.09 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.89 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.78 kPa
- Humidity: 67.44%
- Air temperature: 21.40 degrees C
- Earth temperature:23.23 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Caloundra
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Caloundra households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Caloundra and the Caloundra region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Caloundra hotline on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Home Battery Systems In Caloundra
Join Caloundra's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Caloundra and the Caloundra region. Call our Queensland team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883) for more information.