Solar Power In Cape Portland, TAS, 7264
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Tasmania, including Cape Portland (postcode: 7264) and the North East region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout TAS.
Cape Portland not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Cape Portland
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Cape Portland , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the North East region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Tasmania team on 133-SUN.
Cape Portland's solar energy resources
On average, Cape Portland receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.37 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Cape Portland should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 25° to 35° and the optimal angle is 30°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Cape Portland
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Cape Portland and is based on components well suited to Launceston and North East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cape Portland: 6.2532 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.457 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.9846 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2282 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $684 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Cape Portland
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cape Portland: 12.5064 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.914 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.9692 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4565 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1369 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Cape Portland
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cape Portland: 20.844 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.19 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 33.282 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7608 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2282 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Cape Portland
Solar installations in Cape Portland, TAS, 7264
There are 44 solar PV installations in Cape Portland's postcode, 7264, totaling 134.38 kW of capacity. The 7264 postcode accounts for 0.003% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Cape Portland area.
The average system size in Cape Portland is 3.05kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Cape Portland's postcode area are generating an average of 587 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $5285 monthly and $64303 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 7264 postcode is enough to fully power 37 Australian homes.
Cape Portland solar carbon offset
System owners in Cape Portland's postcode are collectively avoiding 214 tonnes (coal fired power) or 86 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 31 - 77 cars off Cape Portland's roads.
Other related Cape Portland information
Cape Portland's coordinates are -40.784899,147.993937 and its weather station is located at Eddystone Pt (LH). Eddystone Pt (LH) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Cape Portland: 4.37 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.66 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.16 kPa
- Humidity: 80.61%
- Air temperature: 13.30 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.88 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Cape Portland
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Cape Portland households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Cape Portland and the North East region. For more TAS solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Tasmania or call our Cape Portland hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Cape Portland
Join Cape Portland's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Cape Portland and the North East region. Call our Tasmania team on 133-SUN for more information.