Solar Power In Derby, VIC, 3516
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Derby (postcode: 3516) and the Loddon - Elmore region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Derby not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Derby
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Derby , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Loddon - Elmore region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Derby's solar energy resources
On average, Derby receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.42 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Derby should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 21° to 31° and the optimal angle is 26°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Derby
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Derby and is based on components well suited to Bendigo area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Derby: 6.3234 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.6892 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.828 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2308 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $692 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Derby
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Derby: 12.6468 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 5.3784 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.656 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4617 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1385 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Derby
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Derby: 21.078 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.964 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.76 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7695 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2308 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Derby
Solar installations in Derby, VIC, 3516
There are 76 solar PV installations in Derby's postcode, 3516, totaling 227.36 kW of capacity. The 3516 postcode accounts for 0.005% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Derby area.
The average system size in Derby is 2.99kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Derby's postcode area are generating an average of 1005 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $9044 monthly and $110040 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3516 postcode is enough to fully power 63 Australian homes.
Derby solar carbon offset
System owners in Derby's postcode are collectively avoiding 367 tonnes (coal fired power) or 147 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 53 - 132 cars off Derby's roads.
Other related Derby information
Derby's coordinates are -36.64949,144.017206 and its weather station is located at Bendigo. Bendigo weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Derby: 4.42 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.03 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.35 kPa
- Humidity: 57.58%
- Air temperature: 15.34 degrees C
- Earth temperature:16.65 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Derby
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Derby households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Derby and the Loddon - Elmore region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Derby hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Derby
Join Derby's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Derby and the Loddon - Elmore region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.