Solar Power In Dickson, ACT, 2602
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Australian Captial Territory, including Dickson (postcode: 2602) and the North Canberra region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout ACT.
Dickson not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Dickson
Australian Captial Territory, 2602
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Dickson , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the North Canberra region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Australian Captial Territory team on 133-SUN.
Dickson's solar energy resources
On average, Dickson receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.83 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Dickson should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 20° to 30° and the optimal angle is 25°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Dickson
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Dickson and is based on components well suited to Australian Capital Territory area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Dickson: 6.9066 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.105 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.5732 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2522 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $756 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Dickson
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Dickson: 13.8132 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.21 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 21.1464 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5045 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1513 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Dickson
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Dickson: 23.022 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 10.35 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 35.244 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8409 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2522 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Dickson
Solar installations in Dickson, ACT, 2602
There are 1273 solar PV installations in Dickson's postcode, 2602, totaling 3827.32 kW of capacity. The 2602 postcode accounts for 0.083% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Dickson area.
The average system size in Dickson is 3.01kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Dickson's postcode area are generating an average of 18486 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $166374 monthly and $2024212 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2602 postcode is enough to fully power 1063 Australian homes.
Dickson solar carbon offset
System owners in Dickson's postcode are collectively avoiding 6747 tonnes (coal fired power) or 2699 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 969 - 2422 cars off Dickson's roads.
Dickson, Australian Captial Territory regional boundaries
Other related Dickson information
Dickson's coordinates are -35.25113,149.140293 and its weather station is located at Canberra (Civ/Mil). Canberra (Civ/Mil) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Dickson: 4.83 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.14 m/s
- Air pressure: 94.97 kPa
- Humidity: 66.67%
- Air temperature: 13.02 degrees C
- Earth temperature:14.26 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Dickson
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Dickson households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Dickson and the North Canberra region. For more ACT solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Australian Captial Territory or call our Dickson hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Dickson
Join Dickson's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Dickson and the North Canberra region. Call our Australian Captial Territory team on 133-SUN for more information.