Solar Power In Geraldton, WA, 6530
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Western Australia, including Geraldton (postcode: 6530) and the Mid West region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout WA.
Geraldton not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Geraldton
Western Australia, 6530
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Geraldton , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Mid West region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Western Australia team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Geraldton's solar energy resources
On average, Geraldton receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.81 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Geraldton should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 13° to 23° and the optimal angle is 18°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Geraldton
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Geraldton and is based on components well suited to Western Australia - Outback area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Geraldton: 8.3106 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.4928 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 11.9178 kWh**
- Average annual output: 3034 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $910 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Geraldton
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Geraldton: 16.6212 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.9856 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 23.8356 kWh**
- Average annual production: 6069 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1820 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Geraldton
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Geraldton: 27.702 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 14.976 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 39.726 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 10115 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $3034 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Geraldton
Solar installations in Geraldton, WA, 6530
There are 2533 solar PV installations in Geraldton's postcode, 6530, totaling 7721.23 kW of capacity. The 6530 postcode accounts for 0.166% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Geraldton area.
The average system size in Geraldton is 3.05kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Geraldton's postcode area are generating an average of 44860 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $403743 monthly and $4912208 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 6530 postcode is enough to fully power 2145 Australian homes.
Geraldton solar carbon offset
System owners in Geraldton's postcode are collectively avoiding 16374 tonnes (coal fired power) or 6550 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 2351 - 5877 cars off Geraldton's roads.
Geraldton, Western Australia regional boundaries
Other related Geraldton information
Geraldton's coordinates are -28.773068,114.611265 and its weather station is located at Geraldton Airport. Geraldton Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Geraldton: 5.81 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.12 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.13 kPa
- Humidity: 64.63%
- Air temperature: 19.76 degrees C
- Earth temperature:23.28 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Geraldton
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Geraldton households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Geraldton and the Mid West region. For more WA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Western Australia or call our Geraldton hotline on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Home Battery Systems In Geraldton
Join Geraldton's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Geraldton and the Mid West region. Call our Western Australia team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883) for more information.