Solar Power In Glenroy, VIC, 3046
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Glenroy (postcode: 3046) and the Moreland - North region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Glenroy not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Glenroy
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Glenroy , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Moreland - North region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Glenroy's solar energy resources
On average, Glenroy receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.98 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Glenroy should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Glenroy
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Glenroy and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - North West area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 5.6916 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4462 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.829 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2078 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $623 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Glenroy
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 11.3832 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8924 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.658 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4157 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1247 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Glenroy
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 18.972 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.154 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.43 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6929 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2078 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Glenroy
Solar installations in Glenroy, VIC, 3046
There are 953 solar PV installations in Glenroy's postcode, 3046, totaling 2683.96 kW of capacity. The 3046 postcode accounts for 0.062% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Glenroy area.
The average system size in Glenroy is 2.82kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Glenroy's postcode area are generating an average of 10682 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $96139 monthly and $1169697 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3046 postcode is enough to fully power 746 Australian homes.
Glenroy solar carbon offset
System owners in Glenroy's postcode are collectively avoiding 3899 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1560 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 560 - 1399 cars off Glenroy's roads.
Glenroy, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Glenroy information
Glenroy's coordinates are -37.704581,144.915758 and its weather station is located at Melbourne Intl Arpt. Melbourne Intl Arpt weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Glenroy: 3.98 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.80 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.23 kPa
- Humidity: 70.37%
- Air temperature: 13.97 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Glenroy
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Glenroy households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Glenroy and the Moreland - North region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Glenroy hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Glenroy
Join Glenroy's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Glenroy and the Moreland - North region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.