Solar Power In Glenroy, QLD, 4702
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Glenroy (postcode: 4702) and the Rockhampton region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Glenroy not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Glenroy
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Glenroy , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Rockhampton region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Glenroy's solar energy resources
On average, Glenroy receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.31 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Glenroy should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 8° to 18° and the optimal angle is 13°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Glenroy
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Glenroy and is based on components well suited to Fitzroy area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 7.5978 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.319 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.6552 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2773 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $832 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Glenroy
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 15.1956 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 10.638 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.3104 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5546 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1664 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Glenroy
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Glenroy: 25.326 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 17.73 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.184 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9244 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2773 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Glenroy
Solar installations in Glenroy, QLD, 4702
There are 2427 solar PV installations in Glenroy's postcode, 4702, totaling 8376.62 kW of capacity. The 4702 postcode accounts for 0.159% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Glenroy area.
The average system size in Glenroy is 3.45kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Glenroy's postcode area are generating an average of 44480 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $400319 monthly and $4870544 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4702 postcode is enough to fully power 2327 Australian homes.
Glenroy solar carbon offset
System owners in Glenroy's postcode are collectively avoiding 16235 tonnes (coal fired power) or 6494 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 2331 - 5827 cars off Glenroy's roads.
Other related Glenroy information
Glenroy's coordinates are -23.181815,149.902931 and its weather station is located at Rockhampton Airport. Rockhampton Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Glenroy: 5.31 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.73 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.32 kPa
- Humidity: 67.79%
- Air temperature: 22.44 degrees C
- Earth temperature:23.56 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Glenroy
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Glenroy households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Glenroy and the Rockhampton region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Glenroy hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Glenroy
Join Glenroy's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Glenroy and the Rockhampton region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.