Solar Power In Herston, QLD, 4006
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Herston (postcode: 4006) and the Brisbane Inner - North region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Herston not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Herston
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Herston , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Brisbane Inner - North region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Herston's solar energy resources
On average, Herston receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.00 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Herston should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 12° to 22° and the optimal angle is 17°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Herston
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Herston and is based on components well suited to Brisbane Inner City area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Herston: 7.155 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.536 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.5418 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2611 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $783 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Herston
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Herston: 14.31 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 9.072 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.0836 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5223 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1566 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Herston
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Herston: 23.85 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 15.12 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.806 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8705 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2611 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Herston
Solar installations in Herston, QLD, 4006
There are 189 solar PV installations in Herston's postcode, 4006, totaling 991.38 kW of capacity. The 4006 postcode accounts for 0.012% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Herston area.
The average system size in Herston is 5.25kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Herston's postcode area are generating an average of 4957 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $44612 monthly and $542781 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4006 postcode is enough to fully power 275 Australian homes.
Herston solar carbon offset
System owners in Herston's postcode are collectively avoiding 1809 tonnes (coal fired power) or 724 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 260 - 649 cars off Herston's roads.
Herston, Queensland regional boundaries
Other related Herston information
Herston's coordinates are -27.4446,153.018473 and its weather station is located at Brisbane Intl Arpt. Brisbane Intl Arpt weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Herston: 5.00 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.85 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.50 kPa
- Humidity: 68.42%
- Air temperature: 20.69 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.81 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Herston
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Herston households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Herston and the Brisbane Inner - North region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Herston hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Herston
Join Herston's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Herston and the Brisbane Inner - North region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.