Solar Power In Iona, VIC, 3815
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Iona (postcode: 3815) and the Cardinia region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Iona not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Iona
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Iona , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Cardinia region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Iona's solar energy resources
On average, Iona receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.15 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Iona should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 23° to 33° and the optimal angle is 28°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Iona
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Iona and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - South East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Iona: 5.9346 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.43 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.4014 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2167 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $650 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Iona
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Iona: 11.8692 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.86 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.8028 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4335 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1300 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Iona
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Iona: 19.782 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.1 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.338 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7225 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2167 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Iona
Solar installations in Iona, VIC, 3815
There are 218 solar PV installations in Iona's postcode, 3815, totaling 768.62 kW of capacity. The 3815 postcode accounts for 0.014% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Iona area.
The average system size in Iona is 3.53kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Iona's postcode area are generating an average of 3190 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $28708 monthly and $349280 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3815 postcode is enough to fully power 214 Australian homes.
Iona solar carbon offset
System owners in Iona's postcode are collectively avoiding 1164 tonnes (coal fired power) or 466 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 167 - 418 cars off Iona's roads.
Iona, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Iona information
Iona's coordinates are -38.123346,145.70413 and its weather station is located at Rhyll Aws (Aut). Rhyll Aws (Aut) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Iona: 4.15 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.11 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.24 kPa
- Humidity: 74.62%
- Air temperature: 14.17 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.05 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Iona
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Iona households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Iona and the Cardinia region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Iona hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Iona
Join Iona's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Iona and the Cardinia region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.