Solar Power In Kotara, NSW, 2289
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Kotara (postcode: 2289) and the Newcastle region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Kotara not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Kotara
New South Wales, 2289
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Kotara , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Newcastle region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Kotara's solar energy resources
On average, Kotara receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.44 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Kotara should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 17° to 27° and the optimal angle is 22°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Kotara
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Kotara and is based on components well suited to Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kotara: 6.3504 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.591 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.126 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2319 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $695 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Kotara
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kotara: 12.7008 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.182 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.252 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4638 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1391 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Kotara
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kotara: 21.168 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.97 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.42 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7730 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2319 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Kotara
Solar installations in Kotara, NSW, 2289
There are 764 solar PV installations in Kotara's postcode, 2289, totaling 1963.59 kW of capacity. The 2289 postcode accounts for 0.05% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Kotara area.
The average system size in Kotara is 2.57kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Kotara's postcode area are generating an average of 8718 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $78465 monthly and $954658 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2289 postcode is enough to fully power 545 Australian homes.
Kotara solar carbon offset
System owners in Kotara's postcode are collectively avoiding 3182 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1273 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 457 - 1142 cars off Kotara's roads.
Kotara, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Kotara information
Kotara's coordinates are -32.93995,151.694692 and its weather station is located at Newcastle. Newcastle weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Kotara: 4.44 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 7.55 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.49 kPa
- Humidity: 74.65%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:17.48 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Kotara
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Kotara households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Kotara and the Newcastle region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Kotara hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Kotara
Join Kotara's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Kotara and the Newcastle region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.