Solar Power In Macrossan, QLD, 4816
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Macrossan (postcode: 4816) and the Townsville region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Macrossan not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Macrossan
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Macrossan , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Townsville region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Macrossan's solar energy resources
On average, Macrossan receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.58 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Macrossan should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 4° to 14° and the optimal angle is 9°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Macrossan
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Macrossan and is based on components well suited to Townsville area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Macrossan: 7.9812 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.7348 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.855 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2914 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $874 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Macrossan
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Macrossan: 15.9624 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 11.4696 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.71 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5829 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1748 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Macrossan
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Macrossan: 26.604 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 19.116 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.85 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9715 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2914 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Macrossan
Solar installations in Macrossan, QLD, 4816
There are 998 solar PV installations in Macrossan's postcode, 4816, totaling 3731.49 kW of capacity. The 4816 postcode accounts for 0.065% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Macrossan area.
The average system size in Macrossan is 3.74kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Macrossan's postcode area are generating an average of 20822 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $187395 monthly and $2279978 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4816 postcode is enough to fully power 1037 Australian homes.
Macrossan solar carbon offset
System owners in Macrossan's postcode are collectively avoiding 7600 tonnes (coal fired power) or 3040 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1091 - 2728 cars off Macrossan's roads.
Other related Macrossan information
Macrossan's coordinates are -19.997674,146.443408 and its weather station is located at Charters Towers. Charters Towers weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Macrossan: 5.58 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.42 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.21 kPa
- Humidity: 57.64%
- Air temperature: 23.12 degrees C
- Earth temperature:25.36 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Macrossan
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Macrossan households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Macrossan and the Townsville region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Macrossan hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Macrossan
Join Macrossan's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Macrossan and the Townsville region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.