Solar Power In Merewether, NSW, 2291
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Merewether (postcode: 2291) and the Newcastle region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Merewether not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Merewether
New South Wales, 2291
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Merewether , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Newcastle region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Merewether's solar energy resources
On average, Merewether receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.44 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Merewether should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 17° to 27° and the optimal angle is 22°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Merewether
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Merewether and is based on components well suited to Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Merewether: 6.3504 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.591 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.126 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2319 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $695 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Merewether
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Merewether: 12.7008 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.182 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.252 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4638 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1391 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Merewether
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Merewether: 21.168 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.97 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.42 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7730 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2319 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Merewether
Solar installations in Merewether, NSW, 2291
There are 524 solar PV installations in Merewether's postcode, 2291, totaling 1429.08 kW of capacity. The 2291 postcode accounts for 0.034% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Merewether area.
The average system size in Merewether is 2.73kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Merewether's postcode area are generating an average of 6345 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $57106 monthly and $694790 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2291 postcode is enough to fully power 397 Australian homes.
Merewether solar carbon offset
System owners in Merewether's postcode are collectively avoiding 2316 tonnes (coal fired power) or 926 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 333 - 831 cars off Merewether's roads.
Merewether, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Merewether information
Merewether's coordinates are -32.942237,151.751451 and its weather station is located at Newcastle. Newcastle weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Merewether: 4.44 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 7.55 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.49 kPa
- Humidity: 74.65%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:17.48 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Merewether
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Merewether households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Merewether and the Newcastle region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Merewether hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Merewether
Join Merewether's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Merewether and the Newcastle region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.