Solar Power In Metung, VIC, 3904
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Metung (postcode: 3904) and the Gippsland - East region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Metung not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Metung
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Metung , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Gippsland - East region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Metung's solar energy resources
On average, Metung receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.04 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Metung should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Metung
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Metung and is based on components well suited to Latrobe - Gippsland area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Metung: 5.778 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.5758 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.7534 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2110 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $633 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Metung
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Metung: 11.556 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 5.1516 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.5068 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4220 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1266 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Metung
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Metung: 19.26 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.586 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.178 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7033 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2110 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Metung
Solar installations in Metung, VIC, 3904
There are 177 solar PV installations in Metung's postcode, 3904, totaling 574.39 kW of capacity. The 3904 postcode accounts for 0.012% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Metung area.
The average system size in Metung is 3.25kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Metung's postcode area are generating an average of 2321 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $20885 monthly and $254099 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3904 postcode is enough to fully power 160 Australian homes.
Metung solar carbon offset
System owners in Metung's postcode are collectively avoiding 847 tonnes (coal fired power) or 339 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 122 - 304 cars off Metung's roads.
Metung, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Metung information
Metung's coordinates are -37.89075,147.852437 and its weather station is located at Bairnsdale. Bairnsdale weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Metung: 4.04 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.83 m/s
- Air pressure: 97.15 kPa
- Humidity: 62.34%
- Air temperature: 13.64 degrees C
- Earth temperature:13.59 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Metung
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Metung households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Metung and the Gippsland - East region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Metung hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Metung
Join Metung's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Metung and the Gippsland - East region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.