Solar Power In Mossman, QLD, 4873
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Mossman (postcode: 4873) and the Port Douglas - Daintree region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Mossman not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Mossman
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Mossman , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Port Douglas - Daintree region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Mossman's solar energy resources
On average, Mossman receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.27 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Mossman should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 1° to 11° and the optimal angle is 6°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Mossman
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Mossman and is based on components well suited to Cairns area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mossman: 7.5384 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.8482 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.3258 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2752 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $825 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Mossman
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mossman: 15.0768 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 11.6964 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.6516 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5505 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1651 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Mossman
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Mossman: 25.128 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 19.494 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.086 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9175 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2752 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Mossman
Solar installations in Mossman, QLD, 4873
There are 658 solar PV installations in Mossman's postcode, 4873, totaling 2331.93 kW of capacity. The 4873 postcode accounts for 0.043% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Mossman area.
The average system size in Mossman is 3.54kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Mossman's postcode area are generating an average of 12289 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $110603 monthly and $1345675 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4873 postcode is enough to fully power 648 Australian homes.
Mossman solar carbon offset
System owners in Mossman's postcode are collectively avoiding 4486 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1794 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 644 - 1610 cars off Mossman's roads.
Mossman, Queensland regional boundaries
Other related Mossman information
Mossman's coordinates are -16.459347,145.372429 and its weather station is located at Cairns Airport. Cairns Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Mossman: 5.27 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.77 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.64 kPa
- Humidity: 75.29%
- Air temperature: 24.39 degrees C
- Earth temperature:25.22 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Mossman
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Mossman households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Mossman and the Port Douglas - Daintree region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Mossman hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Mossman
Join Mossman's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Mossman and the Port Douglas - Daintree region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.