Solar Power In Newtown, VIC, 3220
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Newtown (postcode: 3220) and the Geelong region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Newtown not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Newtown
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Newtown , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Geelong region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Newtown's solar energy resources
On average, Newtown receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.06 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Newtown should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Newtown
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Newtown and is based on components well suited to Geelong area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 5.805 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4894 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.0558 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2120 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $636 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Newtown
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 11.61 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.9788 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.1116 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4241 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1272 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Newtown
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newtown: 19.35 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.298 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.186 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7068 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2120 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Newtown
Solar installations in Newtown, VIC, 3220
There are 600 solar PV installations in Newtown's postcode, 3220, totaling 2166.31 kW of capacity. The 3220 postcode accounts for 0.039% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Newtown area.
The average system size in Newtown is 3.61kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Newtown's postcode area are generating an average of 8795 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $79157 monthly and $963076 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3220 postcode is enough to fully power 602 Australian homes.
Newtown solar carbon offset
System owners in Newtown's postcode are collectively avoiding 3210 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1284 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 461 - 1152 cars off Newtown's roads.
Newtown, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Newtown information
Newtown's coordinates are -37.70513,143.654589 and its weather station is located at Ballarat. Ballarat weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Newtown: 4.06 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.78 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.39 kPa
- Humidity: 61.57%
- Air temperature: 14.32 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.23 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Newtown
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Newtown households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Newtown and the Geelong region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Newtown hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Newtown
Join Newtown's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Newtown and the Geelong region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.