Solar Power In North Hobart, TAS, 7002
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Tasmania, including North Hobart (postcode: 7002) and the region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout TAS.
North Hobart not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in North Hobart
The following details estimate output for systems installed in North Hobart , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Tasmania team on 133-SUN.
North Hobart's solar energy resources
On average, North Hobart receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.58 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in North Hobart should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 27° to 37° and the optimal angle is 32°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in North Hobart
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in North Hobart and is based on components well suited to area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in North Hobart: 5.1192 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 1.8846 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.3808 kWh**
- Average annual output: 1869 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $560 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in North Hobart
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in North Hobart: 10.2384 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 3.7692 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 16.7616 kWh**
- Average annual production: 3739 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1121 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in North Hobart
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in North Hobart: 17.064 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 6.282 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 27.936 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6232 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $1869 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in North Hobart
Solar installations in North Hobart, TAS, 7002
There are 3 solar PV installations in North Hobart's postcode, 7002, totaling 13.50 kW of capacity. The 7002 postcode accounts for 0% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the North Hobart area.
The average system size in North Hobart is 4.5kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in North Hobart's postcode area are generating an average of 48 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $435 monthly and $5292 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 7002 postcode is enough to fully power 4 Australian homes.
North Hobart solar carbon offset
System owners in North Hobart's postcode are collectively avoiding 18 tonnes (coal fired power) or 7 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 3 - 6 cars off North Hobart's roads.
North Hobart, Tasmania regional boundaries
Other related North Hobart information
North Hobart's coordinates are -42.872319,147.314579 and its weather station is located at Hobart City. Hobart City weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in North Hobart: 3.58 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.37 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.01 kPa
- Humidity: 66.93%
- Air temperature: 12.40 degrees C
- Earth temperature:12.10 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in North Hobart
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for North Hobart households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing North Hobart and the region. For more TAS solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Tasmania or call our North Hobart hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In North Hobart
Join North Hobart's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in North Hobart and the region. Call our Tasmania team on 133-SUN for more information.