Solar Power In Parkes, NSW, 2870
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Parkes (postcode: 2870) and the Lachlan Valley region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Parkes not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Parkes
New South Wales, 2870
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Parkes , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Lachlan Valley region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Parkes's solar energy resources
On average, Parkes receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.74 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Parkes should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 18° to 28° and the optimal angle is 23°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Parkes
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Parkes and is based on components well suited to Central West area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Parkes: 6.7824 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.3588 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.044 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2475 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $742 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Parkes
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Parkes: 13.5648 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.7176 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 20.088 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4951 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1485 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Parkes
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Parkes: 22.608 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.196 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 33.48 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8252 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2475 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Parkes
Solar installations in Parkes, NSW, 2870
There are 926 solar PV installations in Parkes's postcode, 2870, totaling 4246.59 kW of capacity. The 2870 postcode accounts for 0.061% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Parkes area.
The average system size in Parkes is 4.59kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Parkes's postcode area are generating an average of 20129 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $181160 monthly and $2204108 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2870 postcode is enough to fully power 1180 Australian homes.
Parkes solar carbon offset
System owners in Parkes's postcode are collectively avoiding 7347 tonnes (coal fired power) or 2939 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1055 - 2637 cars off Parkes's roads.
Parkes, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Parkes information
Parkes's coordinates are -33.138326,148.174166 and its weather station is located at Parkes. Parkes weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Parkes: 4.74 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.51 m/s
- Air pressure: 96.50 kPa
- Humidity: 59.95%
- Air temperature: 15.34 degrees C
- Earth temperature:16.83 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Parkes
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Parkes households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Parkes and the Lachlan Valley region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Parkes hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Parkes
Join Parkes's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Parkes and the Lachlan Valley region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.