Solar Power In Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Port Melbourne (postcode: 3207) and the Port Phillip region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Port Melbourne not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Port Melbourne
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Port Melbourne , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Port Phillip region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Port Melbourne's solar energy resources
On average, Port Melbourne receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.12 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Port Melbourne should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Port Melbourne
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Port Melbourne and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - Inner area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Melbourne: 5.8914 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4138 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.5688 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2151 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $645 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Port Melbourne
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Melbourne: 11.7828 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8276 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.1376 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4303 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1291 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Port Melbourne
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Melbourne: 19.638 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.046 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.896 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7173 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2151 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Port Melbourne
Solar installations in Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207
There are 167 solar PV installations in Port Melbourne's postcode, 3207, totaling 682.84 kW of capacity. The 3207 postcode accounts for 0.011% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Port Melbourne area.
The average system size in Port Melbourne is 4.09kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Port Melbourne's postcode area are generating an average of 2813 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $25320 monthly and $308056 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3207 postcode is enough to fully power 190 Australian homes.
Port Melbourne solar carbon offset
System owners in Port Melbourne's postcode are collectively avoiding 1027 tonnes (coal fired power) or 411 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 147 - 369 cars off Port Melbourne's roads.
Port Melbourne, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Port Melbourne information
Port Melbourne's coordinates are -37.838582,144.942355 and its weather station is located at Melbourne. Melbourne weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Port Melbourne: 4.12 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.62 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.93 kPa
- Humidity: 65.01%
- Air temperature: 15.48 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Port Melbourne
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Port Melbourne households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Port Melbourne and the Port Phillip region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Port Melbourne hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Port Melbourne
Join Port Melbourne's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Port Melbourne and the Port Phillip region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.