Solar Power In Retreat, TAS, 7254
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Tasmania, including Retreat (postcode: 7254) and the North East region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout TAS.
Retreat not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Retreat
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Retreat , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the North East region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Tasmania team on 133-SUN.
Retreat's solar energy resources
On average, Retreat receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.80 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Retreat should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 26° to 36° and the optimal angle is 31°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Retreat
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Retreat and is based on components well suited to Launceston and North East area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Retreat: 5.4378 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.0142 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.9532 kWh**
- Average annual output: 1984 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $595 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Retreat
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Retreat: 10.8756 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.0284 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.9064 kWh**
- Average annual production: 3969 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1190 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Retreat
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Retreat: 18.126 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 6.714 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.844 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6615 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $1984 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Retreat
Solar installations in Retreat, TAS, 7254
There are 42 solar PV installations in Retreat's postcode, 7254, totaling 143.36 kW of capacity. The 7254 postcode accounts for 0.003% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Retreat area.
The average system size in Retreat is 3.41kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Retreat's postcode area are generating an average of 545 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $4903 monthly and $59652 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 7254 postcode is enough to fully power 40 Australian homes.
Retreat solar carbon offset
System owners in Retreat's postcode are collectively avoiding 199 tonnes (coal fired power) or 80 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 29 - 71 cars off Retreat's roads.
Other related Retreat information
Retreat's coordinates are -41.161176,147.17531 and its weather station is located at Launceston Airport. Launceston Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Retreat: 3.80 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.00 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.12 kPa
- Humidity: 73.90%
- Air temperature: 11.49 degrees C
- Earth temperature:12.68 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Retreat
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Retreat households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Retreat and the North East region. For more TAS solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Tasmania or call our Retreat hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Retreat
Join Retreat's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Retreat and the North East region. Call our Tasmania team on 133-SUN for more information.