Solar Power In Southport, QLD, 4215
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Southport (postcode: 4215) and the Southport region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Southport not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Southport
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Southport , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Southport region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Southport's solar energy resources
On average, Southport receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.81 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Southport should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 12° to 22° and the optimal angle is 17°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Southport
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Southport and is based on components well suited to Gold Coast area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Southport: 6.8796 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.4496 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.1962 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2512 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $753 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Southport
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Southport: 13.7592 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.8992 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.3924 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5024 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1507 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Southport
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Southport: 22.932 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 14.832 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.654 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8374 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2512 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Southport
Solar installations in Southport, QLD, 4215
There are 2183 solar PV installations in Southport's postcode, 4215, totaling 6541.83 kW of capacity. The 4215 postcode accounts for 0.143% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Southport area.
The average system size in Southport is 3kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Southport's postcode area are generating an average of 31466 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $283196 monthly and $3445549 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4215 postcode is enough to fully power 1817 Australian homes.
Southport solar carbon offset
System owners in Southport's postcode are collectively avoiding 11485 tonnes (coal fired power) or 4594 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1649 - 4122 cars off Southport's roads.
Southport, Queensland regional boundaries
Other related Southport information
Southport's coordinates are -27.984113,153.411076 and its weather station is located at Gold Coast. Gold Coast weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Southport: 4.81 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.38 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.39 kPa
- Humidity: 74.34%
- Air temperature: 20.52 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.81 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Southport
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Southport households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Southport and the Southport region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Southport hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Southport
Join Southport's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Southport and the Southport region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.