Solar Power In St Kilda, VIC, 3182
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including St Kilda (postcode: 3182) and the Port Phillip region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
St Kilda not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in St Kilda
The following details estimate output for systems installed in St Kilda , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Port Phillip region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
St Kilda's solar energy resources
On average, St Kilda receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.12 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in St Kilda should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in St Kilda
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in St Kilda and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - Inner area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in St Kilda: 5.8914 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4138 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.5688 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2151 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $645 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in St Kilda
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in St Kilda: 11.7828 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8276 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.1376 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4303 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1291 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in St Kilda
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in St Kilda: 19.638 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.046 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.896 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7173 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2151 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in St Kilda
Solar installations in St Kilda, VIC, 3182
There are 162 solar PV installations in St Kilda's postcode, 3182, totaling 545.43 kW of capacity. The 3182 postcode accounts for 0.011% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the St Kilda area.
The average system size in St Kilda is 3.37kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in St Kilda's postcode area are generating an average of 2247 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $20225 monthly and $246065 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3182 postcode is enough to fully power 152 Australian homes.
St Kilda solar carbon offset
System owners in St Kilda's postcode are collectively avoiding 820 tonnes (coal fired power) or 328 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 118 - 294 cars off St Kilda's roads.
St Kilda, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related St Kilda information
St Kilda's coordinates are -37.867573,144.978814 and its weather station is located at Melbourne. Melbourne weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in St Kilda: 4.12 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.62 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.93 kPa
- Humidity: 65.01%
- Air temperature: 15.48 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in St Kilda
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for St Kilda households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing St Kilda and the Port Phillip region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our St Kilda hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In St Kilda
Join St Kilda's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in St Kilda and the Port Phillip region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.