Solar Power In Sydney, NSW, 2000
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Sydney (postcode: 2000) and the Sydney Inner City region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Sydney not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Sydney
New South Wales, 2000
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Sydney , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Sydney Inner City region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Sydney's solar energy resources
On average, Sydney receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.54 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Sydney should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 18° to 28° and the optimal angle is 23°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Sydney
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Sydney and is based on components well suited to Sydney - City and Inner South area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Sydney: 6.4962 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.375 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.612 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2371 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $711 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Sydney
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Sydney: 12.9924 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.75 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.224 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4742 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1422 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Sydney
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Sydney: 21.654 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.25 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.04 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7904 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2371 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Sydney
Solar installations in Sydney, NSW, 2000
There are 15 solar PV installations in Sydney's postcode, 2000, totaling 250.54 kW of capacity. The 2000 postcode accounts for 0.001% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Sydney area.
The average system size in Sydney is 16.7kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Sydney's postcode area are generating an average of 1137 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $10237 monthly and $124551 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2000 postcode is enough to fully power 70 Australian homes.
Sydney solar carbon offset
System owners in Sydney's postcode are collectively avoiding 415 tonnes (coal fired power) or 166 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 60 - 149 cars off Sydney's roads.
Sydney, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Sydney information
Sydney's coordinates are -33.867139,151.207114 and its weather station is located at Sydney. Sydney weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Sydney: 4.54 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.37 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.58 kPa
- Humidity: 69.46%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:19.66 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Sydney
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Sydney households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Sydney and the Sydney Inner City region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Sydney hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Sydney
Join Sydney's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Sydney and the Sydney Inner City region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.