Solar Power In Thornleigh, NSW, 2120
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Thornleigh (postcode: 2120) and the Hornsby region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Thornleigh not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Thornleigh
New South Wales, 2120
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Thornleigh , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Hornsby region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Thornleigh's solar energy resources
On average, Thornleigh receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.54 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Thornleigh should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 18° to 28° and the optimal angle is 23°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Thornleigh
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Thornleigh and is based on components well suited to Sydney - North Sydney and Hornsby area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Thornleigh: 6.4962 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.375 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.612 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2371 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $711 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Thornleigh
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Thornleigh: 12.9924 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.75 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.224 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4742 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1422 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Thornleigh
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Thornleigh: 21.654 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.25 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.04 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7904 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2371 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Thornleigh
Solar installations in Thornleigh, NSW, 2120
There are 609 solar PV installations in Thornleigh's postcode, 2120, totaling 1870.11 kW of capacity. The 2120 postcode accounts for 0.04% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Thornleigh area.
The average system size in Thornleigh is 3.07kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Thornleigh's postcode area are generating an average of 8490 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $76413 monthly and $929688 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2120 postcode is enough to fully power 519 Australian homes.
Thornleigh solar carbon offset
System owners in Thornleigh's postcode are collectively avoiding 3099 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1240 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 445 - 1112 cars off Thornleigh's roads.
Thornleigh, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Thornleigh information
Thornleigh's coordinates are -33.730816,151.081226 and its weather station is located at Sydney. Sydney weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Thornleigh: 4.54 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.37 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.58 kPa
- Humidity: 69.46%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:19.66 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Thornleigh
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Thornleigh households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Thornleigh and the Hornsby region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Thornleigh hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Thornleigh
Join Thornleigh's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Thornleigh and the Hornsby region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.