Solar Power In Tweed Heads South, NSW, 2486
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Tweed Heads South (postcode: 2486) and the Tweed Valley region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Tweed Heads South not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Tweed Heads South
New South Wales, 2486
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Tweed Heads South , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Tweed Valley region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Tweed Heads South's solar energy resources
On average, Tweed Heads South receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.51 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Tweed Heads South should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 13° to 23° and the optimal angle is 18°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Tweed Heads South
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Tweed Heads South and is based on components well suited to Richmond - Tweed area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads South: 6.453 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.0176 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.8398 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2355 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $706 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads South
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads South: 12.906 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.0352 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.6796 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4711 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1413 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads South
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads South: 21.51 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 13.392 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.466 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7852 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2355 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads South
Solar installations in Tweed Heads South, NSW, 2486
There are 3838 solar PV installations in Tweed Heads South's postcode, 2486, totaling 9973.67 kW of capacity. The 2486 postcode accounts for 0.251% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Tweed Heads South area.
The average system size in Tweed Heads South is 2.6kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Tweed Heads South's postcode area are generating an average of 44981 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $404831 monthly and $4925447 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2486 postcode is enough to fully power 2770 Australian homes.
Tweed Heads South solar carbon offset
System owners in Tweed Heads South's postcode are collectively avoiding 16418 tonnes (coal fired power) or 6567 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 2357 - 5893 cars off Tweed Heads South's roads.
Other related Tweed Heads South information
Tweed Heads South's coordinates are -28.198486,153.543747 and its weather station is located at Coolangatta Aws Aut. Coolangatta Aws Aut weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Tweed Heads South: 4.51 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.18 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.05 kPa
- Humidity: 66.61%
- Air temperature: 19.97 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.36 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Tweed Heads South
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Tweed Heads South households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Tweed Heads South and the Tweed Valley region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Tweed Heads South hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Tweed Heads South
Join Tweed Heads South's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Tweed Heads South and the Tweed Valley region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.