Solar Power In Waratah, NSW, 2298
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Waratah (postcode: 2298) and the Newcastle region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Waratah not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Waratah
New South Wales, 2298
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Waratah , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Newcastle region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Waratah's solar energy resources
On average, Waratah receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.44 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Waratah should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 17° to 27° and the optimal angle is 22°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Waratah
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Waratah and is based on components well suited to Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Waratah: 6.3504 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.591 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.126 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2319 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $695 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Waratah
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Waratah: 12.7008 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.182 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.252 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4638 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1391 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Waratah
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Waratah: 21.168 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.97 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.42 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7730 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2319 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Waratah
Solar installations in Waratah, NSW, 2298
There are 354 solar PV installations in Waratah's postcode, 2298, totaling 1023.22 kW of capacity. The 2298 postcode accounts for 0.023% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Waratah area.
The average system size in Waratah is 2.89kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Waratah's postcode area are generating an average of 4543 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $40888 monthly and $497469 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2298 postcode is enough to fully power 284 Australian homes.
Waratah solar carbon offset
System owners in Waratah's postcode are collectively avoiding 1658 tonnes (coal fired power) or 663 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 238 - 595 cars off Waratah's roads.
Waratah, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Waratah information
Waratah's coordinates are -32.908152,151.72722 and its weather station is located at Newcastle. Newcastle weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Waratah: 4.44 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 7.55 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.49 kPa
- Humidity: 74.65%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:17.48 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Waratah
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Waratah households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Waratah and the Newcastle region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Waratah hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Waratah
Join Waratah's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Waratah and the Newcastle region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.