Solar Power In Woodend, VIC, 3442
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Woodend (postcode: 3442) and the Heathcote - Castlemaine - Kyneton region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Woodend not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Woodend
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Woodend , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Heathcote - Castlemaine - Kyneton region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Woodend's solar energy resources
On average, Woodend receives solar irradiation levels of around 3.98 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Woodend should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Woodend
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Woodend and is based on components well suited to Bendigo area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Woodend: 5.6916 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4462 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.829 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2078 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $623 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Woodend
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Woodend: 11.3832 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8924 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.658 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4157 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1247 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Woodend
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Woodend: 18.972 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.154 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.43 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 6929 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2078 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Woodend
Solar installations in Woodend, VIC, 3442
There are 554 solar PV installations in Woodend's postcode, 3442, totaling 2113.73 kW of capacity. The 3442 postcode accounts for 0.036% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Woodend area.
The average system size in Woodend is 3.82kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Woodend's postcode area are generating an average of 8413 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $75714 monthly and $921185 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3442 postcode is enough to fully power 587 Australian homes.
Woodend solar carbon offset
System owners in Woodend's postcode are collectively avoiding 3071 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1228 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 441 - 1102 cars off Woodend's roads.
Woodend, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Woodend information
Woodend's coordinates are -37.35681,144.52727 and its weather station is located at Melbourne Intl Arpt. Melbourne Intl Arpt weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Woodend: 3.98 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.80 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.23 kPa
- Humidity: 70.37%
- Air temperature: 13.97 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Woodend
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Woodend households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Woodend and the Heathcote - Castlemaine - Kyneton region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Woodend hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Woodend
Join Woodend's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Woodend and the Heathcote - Castlemaine - Kyneton region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.