WOODS 12Volt 60Amp Manually Operated Charger
The WOODS DIALO charge is a sophisticated electronic manually operated charger for most types of batteries. It employs a primary phase-shift controlled triac to precisely supply charging voltages and currents during the recharge cycle. The DIALO charge successfully recovers deeply discharged batteries. The DIALO charge covers a variable range of battery voltages which provides charging flexibility in the workshop arena (eg: a 48V DIALO charge will charge batteries of any voltage from single 2V cells to 48V systems). Due to the precise power control provided by the DIALO charge, it may be used for fast recharging of operational batteries or for overnight trickle charge situations.
- 240V ac mains or generator supply - While the mains input is predetermined for Australian conditions with a mild variance in the supply volts & hertz, remote use is available via generated power with an acceptable level THD% tolerance. Also available in 110Vac (default is 240V, so please specify during checkout if you require 110V version)
- Battery terminal voltage of 48Vdc
- 30Amp battery charger
- Circuit breakers on input and output - Over current protection on both the mains input and the battery output is offered for immediate protection. The manual reset table switch circuit type breakers are of industrial grade.
- Temperature controlled fan cooling - The rectifier assembly is protected by an automatic thermo switch. If the temperature rises above its preset level the fan will be enabled until it has cooled the system to below its lower setting; thus disengaging the cooling fan. This extends the fans’ operating life.
- Rectifier over-temperature shutdown - The second temperature protection device is also on the rectifier assembly. If, due to severe loading or other fault, the temperature exceeds its level it will shut the battery charger down until the cooling fan brings the temperature back within safe operating levels.
- Transformer over-temperature shutdown - The third temperature protection device is deep within core of the power transformer. Activation of this device indicates serious overheating and will shutdown operation of the battery charger until the cooling fan brings the temperature back within safe operating levels.
- Manual phase-shifted control - The primary control circuitry is manually controlled by the user. Employing heady-duty passive components provides seamless and precise power control from zero to maximum output.
- Voltage Regulation and Current Limiting - Combined with the power control, the DIALOcharge incorporates electronic voltage regulation and current limiting for complete charging protection.
- Wide range - due to the flexibility of the control hardware, nearly all large batteries flooded batteries can be recharged with a DIALOcharge, eg: Wet Lead-Acid, Deep Cycle Lead Acid, Lead-calcium, Wet Ni-Cad, Genesis®/Optima®, etc.
- Metering - An accurate electronically driven analog moving-coil meter is fitted as standard. The DualMeter display the charging current, but the battery volts may be displayed at the press of a button. They are large and easy-to-read with wide angle visibility.
- Strong, durable, attractive - Powder-coated zinc-annealed steel cabinets.
- Mountabilty - Pre-drilled mounting holes means the DIALOcharge may be mounted either on a bench or shelf by the base or on a wall or bulkhead by the back of the cabinet.
- Portability - Due to the compactness of the cabinets, DIALOcharge units are portable if needed.
|Nominal Battery Voltage ||12 V |
|Maximum Output Voltage ||17.50 V |
|Max Output Current (Ave) ||60 A |
|Max Output Current (RMS) ||100 A |
|Max Output Ripple (RMS) ||2 Vac p-p |
|Total Battery Capacity ||100 Ah - 800 Ah |
|Max. Load during recharge ||25 A |
|Mains Supply Voltage ||220 Vac - 240 Vac |
|Mains Supply Frequency ||50Hz - 60 Hz |
|Maximum Consumption (RMS) ||1500 VA |
|Minimum Genset (max output) ||3000 VA |
|Tolerance to Mains Distortion ||16 % THD |
|Mains Input Protection ||16 A manual reset |
|Battery Output Protection ||3x40 A manual reset |
|Temperature Protection: Transformer core ||150 ºC Normally closed - Auto reset |
|Temperature Protection: Rectifier ass’y ||100 ºC Normally closed - Auto reset |
|Temperature Protection: Fan Cooling ||60 ºC Normally closed - Auto reset |
|Operating Temperature range ||-10 ºC - 45 ºC |
|Connections : Input ||10A 3 pin 2 m cable |
|Connections : Input ||200A Alligator Clips |
|Connections : cable min. size ||10 mm² per 2 meters |
|Cabinet Dimensions ||230L x 270W x 300D mm |
|Mounting Holes ||210L x 120W mm |
|Mounting Holes ||5/16" - 8 mm |
|Weight ||25 kg |
Quality and Safety
- Safety Standards - IEC33-2-29 (AS3350.2.29), IEC61558-1:1997 (AS/NZS61558.1:2000)
- EMC Standards - EN55014 (CISPR14, AS1044), EN55022 (CISPR22, AS3548), EN50082-1
- IP Rating - IP21
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 10 January, 2007.