Stand Alone Power Systems (SAPS)
Determining your energy consumption
The load analysis tool will assist you in analysing your load and calculating energy use. It lists power requirements (loads) of typical lights and appliances used in the various rooms of your house.
Appliances usually have a nameplate or sticker on the back, which has power consumption information. Correct power ratings (in watts) should be obtained from the nameplates or manufacturer’s literature, or by contacting the manufacturer.
The total energy consumed per day is calculated by multiplying the rating of the appliances by the number of hours that they are used. It is measured in watt-hours per day.
- Add ALL the appliances that you plan to power with this renewable energy system.
- If you are using a stand alone or off grid power system, tick all the AC appliances that will be used simultaneously.
- Choose whether you wish to use a generator to compensate for less sun in winter.
- If you get power from any additional sources enter them. eg, an alternator or wind turbine.
- Choose how many days of battery backup, and the battery depth of discharge you require.
- Click the "See Results" button located near the bottom of the page.
Tip: 24 hours = 1440 mins, 12 hours = 720 mins, etc
Step 1: Add your appliances