You can save thousands of dollars on installing solar panels if you qualify for a solar rebate, subsidy or grant.
For example, the Victorian Solar Homes program will be extended for 2019. Find out more about the program and fill out an inquiry form by visiting our Victorian Solar homes program page or call 133 786.
A brief summary on the various solar rebates programs can also be found below, but please don’t hesitate in contacting the Energy Matters team for expert advice on rebates that may be applicable to you!
- Solar panel rebate information – home solar power
- Grants and rebates for solar panels for schools
- Rebates for churches & community buildings
- Solar energy rebates for business
- Solar water pumping rebates
- Rebates for solar hot water
- Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- Feed-in tariff information
- Upcoming rebate and incentive programs
In addition to rebates and renewable energy certificates, find out here how your system installation could be financed and actually generate income for you with the help of the feed in tariff!
The Solar Credits Program is still in effect and can save you a substantial amount on installing a grid connected PV system! Home owners, small businesses and community groups are all eligible for this Australian solar panel subsidy and no-one is means tested under the scheme.
- more information on the solar panel credits program
- more general information about grid connect PV
- Get a quick solar quote or buy a solar power system for your home
Subsidies are also available for installing stand alone power systems under the Solar Credits program.
- more information on Solar Credits for off-grid systems
- more general information about solar panels for remote homes
- Design a stand alone (off-grid) system
While government grants are no longer available; schools can still benefit from the Solar Credits rebate.
Churches and community buildings are also covered under the Solar Credits program
- more information about grid connect systems for churches and community buildings
Business owners can save substantially on the price of a grid connect solar power system installation through the Solar Credits up front discount! Other incentive programs covering business situations currently include huge tax breaks, RECs and feed in tariffs.
- more information on incentives and rebates for business
For businesses considering installing a solar power system of 20kW capacity or greater, tax breaks and STC’s are available, along with some industry specific assistance and also low interest rate loans. More information on commercial scale solar incentives.
The Renewable Energy Water Pumping Sub-Program provides rebates for the renewable energy components of water pumps that displace diesel engine powered pumps in off-grid applications.
Rebates of 40% of the capital cost of the renewable energy components minus $1,000 are available to applicants that fully comply with the eligibility requirements and procedures outlined in the guidelines.
- more information on RRPGP Water Pumping Sub Program
- more general information about solar for water pumping
- Design a solar water pumping system
Solar hot water systems may be eligible for Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs), which are usually exchanged with retailers for a point-of-sale discount on systems. You may also be eligible for state government rebates.