Solar Power In Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Energy Matters and its parent company installs quality solar panel systems in Victoria, including Melbourne (postcode: 3000) and the Melbourne City region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Melbourne not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Melbourne
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Melbourne , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Melbourne City region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Melbourne's solar energy resources
On average, Melbourne receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.12 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Melbourne should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°.
Estimated system performance in Melbourne
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Melbourne and is based on components well suited to Melbourne - Inner area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Melbourne: 5.8914 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4138 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.5688 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2151 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $645 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Melbourne
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Melbourne: 11.7828 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.8276 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.1376 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4303 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1291 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Melbourne
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Melbourne: 19.638 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.046 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.896 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7173 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2151 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Melbourne
Solar installations in Melbourne, VIC, 3000
There are 27 solar PV installations in Melbourne's postcode, 3000, totaling 298.59 kW of capacity. The 3000 postcode accounts for 0.002% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Melbourne area.
The average system size in Melbourne is 11.06kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Melbourne's postcode area are generating an average of 1230 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $11072 monthly and $134706 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3000 postcode is enough to fully power 83 Australian homes.
Melbourne solar carbon offset
System owners in Melbourne's postcode are collectively avoiding 449 tonnes (coal fired power) or 180 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 64 - 161 cars off Melbourne's roads.
Melbourne, Victoria regional boundaries
Other related Melbourne information
Melbourne's coordinates are -37.841345,144.977417 and its weather station is located at Melbourne. Melbourne weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Melbourne: 4.12 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 6.62 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.93 kPa
- Humidity: 65.01%
- Air temperature: 15.48 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.15 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Melbourne
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Melbourne households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Melbourne and the Melbourne City region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Melbourne hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Melbourne
Join Melbourne's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Melbourne and the Melbourne City region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.