The Solar PV Retailer Energy Matters is an Clean Energy Council approved retailer as determined by the CEC.
The Clean Energy Council Approved Code of Conduct is an Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) authorised voluntary code that promotes ethical, customer-focused practice among solar PV system providers.
Energy Matters was a founding signatory to the Code, and assisted the Clean Energy Council in its wording.
What is the Clean Energy Council?
The Clean Energy Council represent hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind and other renewables, along with more than 4,000 solar installers. It is one of Australia’s leading renewable energy peak bodies.
The Code reinforces the objectives of the CEC, which is to promote awareness and thought leadership for clean energy businesses in Australia.
The Code was developed to provide consumers peace of mind when making a solar power system purchase decision.
Our qualification as a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer serves as formal recognition of what we’ve practiced for many years. In fact, we assisted in the development of the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct.
Why choose a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer?
Energy Matters’ qualification as a CEC Approved Retailer serves as formal recognition of what we have practiced for many years.
It means the CEC has approved our methods and practices, placing us on a par with the most ethical and professional solar retailers.
Clean Energy Council Approved Expectations
As a signatory to the CEC Approved Code of Conduct, Energy Matters customers can expect: Pre-sale
- Our sales representatives to act ethically at all times
- We will not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising and sales tactics
- We will provide you with the necessary written information about your chosen system and installation prior to you entering into a contract with us
- We will respect and uphold your legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds
- We will not make changes to a contract after a contract is signed that are not first approved by you in writing
- We provide (and exceed) the Code’s standard minimum warranty period of five years on the operation and performance of the whole PV system; including workmanship and products, and we commit to addressing any problems during our warranty period should they occur
- We will keep you fully informed of the process between system installation and network connection – or will facilitate this process on your behalf
Documentation and general business
- We will provide you with all the required documentation after your solar panel system is installed
- We will observe all relevant legislation and regulations, plus maintain effective internal cancellation and complaint handling processes
- We will be fully accountable for the actions of parties we subcontract to in relation to your installation, including any CEC-accredited
installers or designers associated with your project
- We provide a fair and transparent complaints process and will follow up with you rapidly if you should you have concerns.
Our participation in the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct program is just one of the many reasons why you should choose Energy Matters as your solar provider.