Solar Power In Cairns, QLD, 4870
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Cairns (postcode: 4870) and the Cairns - South region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Cairns not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Cairns
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Cairns , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Cairns - South region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Cairns's solar energy resources
On average, Cairns receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.27 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Cairns should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 1° to 11° and the optimal angle is 6°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Cairns
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Cairns and is based on components well suited to Cairns area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns: 7.5384 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.8482 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.3258 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2752 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $825 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Cairns
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns: 15.0768 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 11.6964 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.6516 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5505 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1651 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Cairns
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Cairns: 25.128 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 19.494 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 31.086 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9175 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2752 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Cairns
Solar installations in Cairns, QLD, 4870
There are 4443 solar PV installations in Cairns's postcode, 4870, totaling 16709.88 kW of capacity. The 4870 postcode accounts for 0.291% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Cairns area.
The average system size in Cairns is 3.76kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Cairns's postcode area are generating an average of 88061 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $792550 monthly and $9642687 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4870 postcode is enough to fully power 4642 Australian homes.
Cairns solar carbon offset
System owners in Cairns's postcode are collectively avoiding 32142 tonnes (coal fired power) or 12857 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 4615 - 11537 cars off Cairns's roads.
Other related Cairns information
Cairns's coordinates are -16.925397,145.775178 and its weather station is located at Cairns Airport. Cairns Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Cairns: 5.27 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.77 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.64 kPa
- Humidity: 75.29%
- Air temperature: 24.39 degrees C
- Earth temperature:25.22 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Cairns
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Cairns households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Cairns and the Cairns - South region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Cairns hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Cairns
Join Cairns's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Cairns and the Cairns - South region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.