Solar Power In Port Augusta, SA, 5700
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in South Australia, including Port Augusta (postcode: 5700) and the Outback - North and East region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout SA.
Port Augusta not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Port Augusta
South Australia, 5700
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Port Augusta , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Outback - North and East region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly South Australia team on 133-SUN.
Port Augusta's solar energy resources
On average, Port Augusta receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.98 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Port Augusta should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 17° to 27° and the optimal angle is 22°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Port Augusta
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Port Augusta and is based on components well suited to South Australia - Outback area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Augusta: 7.1226 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.5478 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.4274 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2601 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $780 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Port Augusta
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Augusta: 14.2452 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.0956 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 20.8548 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5202 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1560 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Port Augusta
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Augusta: 23.742 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.826 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 34.758 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8670 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2601 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Port Augusta
Solar installations in Port Augusta, SA, 5700
There are 1504 solar PV installations in Port Augusta's postcode, 5700, totaling 6057.53 kW of capacity. The 5700 postcode accounts for 0.098% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Port Augusta area.
The average system size in Port Augusta is 4.03kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Port Augusta's postcode area are generating an average of 30166 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $271498 monthly and $3303232 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 5700 postcode is enough to fully power 1683 Australian homes.
Port Augusta solar carbon offset
System owners in Port Augusta's postcode are collectively avoiding 11011 tonnes (coal fired power) or 4404 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1581 - 3952 cars off Port Augusta's roads.
Port Augusta, South Australia regional boundaries
Other related Port Augusta information
Port Augusta's coordinates are -32.491582,137.762118 and its weather station is located at Port Augusta. Port Augusta weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Port Augusta: 4.98 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.24 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.64 kPa
- Humidity: 58.13%
- Air temperature: 18.79 degrees C
- Earth temperature:20.04 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Port Augusta
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Port Augusta households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Port Augusta and the Outback - North and East region. For more SA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in South Australia or call our Port Augusta hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Port Augusta
Join Port Augusta's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Port Augusta and the Outback - North and East region. Call our South Australia team on 133-SUN for more information.