Have questions about solar or wind power related equipment and processes or just want to learn more about our company? The renewable energy systems FAQs resources below may help! Also check out our full guides and sections on government rebates, grid connect solar, off grid solar power, wind energy and solar hot water.
If you’re considering putting a system together for your home or business, try our solar quoting system!
- About our company
- Contact Energy Matters
- Why choose Energy Matters?
- Meet the Energy Matters team
- About our installer network
- Some of our recent projects
- Customer reviews and testimonials
- Information for the media
- Recent press releases
- Vision and community activity
- Careers with Energy Matters
- Tree planting initiative
Renewable energy systems FAQs
Renewable energy in Australia includes:
- Australia’s energy consumption
- What is renewable energy?
- How does renewable energy work?
- Why is renewable energy important?
- What are the benefits of using renewable energy?
General solar power FAQs includes:
- What is PV?
- How long has PV been around?
- Will solar PV Panels displayed on the Energy Matter’s online store heat my hot water?
- How does electricity get stored for use after sun goes down?
- What happens with grid connect systems during a blackout?
- With grid connect systems, what can I do to keep power during a blackout?
- Can you retro-fit battery backup into a grid connect system?
- What size system will I need?
- Will I need to re-roof?
- Building suitability for solar system?
- What does a solar power system cost?
- Will solar panels work in the shade?
Solar power installation FAQs includes:
- Can I self install a solar power system?
- Does Energy Matters perform installation?
- Can panel frames be painted to match the roof?
- Are there special mounting requirements?
Grid connect solar system includes:
- Will my meter go backwards?
- How much will I be paid for exporting electricity to the grid?
- When will I receive my rebate payment?
- How does the system connect into current house power?
- Any fuse box issues?
- Inverter placement and size?
- How much roof space is needed?
- What building development planning is involved?
- What types of roofs can panels be mounted on?
- How much are the costs of roof mounting?
- What is the weight of the solar power system?
- What is a RAPS / off-grid system?
- How does a RAPS/off grid system work?
- How many solar panels will I need?
- Monocrystalline, thin film or polycrystalline solar panels?
- What sized wind turbine will I need?
- How many batteries do I need?
- What is a solar regulator?
- What size regulator should I allow for?
- Where should a fuse be placed?
- Do I need to ground an off-grid solar power system?
- Does wiring size really make much difference?
- What sorts of rebates are available for off grid solar power?
Battery FAQs includes:
- What are AGM batteries?
- What is the difference between flooded and AGM batteries?
- Are batteries of lower voltage of lower quality?
- Are “marine” batteries deep-cycle batteries?
- What are the advantages of smaller batteries?
- What are the advantages of AGM and Gel type batteries over flooded?
- Will small solar panels charge my batteries?
- What can small solar panels be used for?
Inverter FAQs includes:
- About Inverters
- Inverter ratings
- Modified sine wave and true sine wave inverters compared
- Modified sine wave inverters
- Sine wave inverters
- Can I turn an modified sine wave (MSW) inverter into a true sine wave (TSW) inverter?
- Inverter Tips
Still have questions about wind or solar power not found in our renewable energy systems FAQs? Review our full guides and sections on grid connect solar, off grid solar power, wind energy and solar hot water or contact our friendly team – they’ll be glad to assist you!