Apricus GL 250l electric boost 22 evacuated tubes solar hot water
The Apricus solar collector is a highly efficient thermal solar system, suitable for both domestic and commercial heating. The innovative technology of the Apricus solar evacuated tubes combined with special heat pipes and glass wool insulation is environmentally friendly, maintenance free, reliable and frost protected.
Coupled with a top quality AquaMax glass lined tank, solar hot water is now even more affordable thanks to our deeply discounted prices and solar hot water rebates (where eligible).
Apricus is reliable and maintenance free
An Apricus evacuated tube solar collector system should last as long as the roof it's on. This Apricus system meets the requirements of Australian Standards relating to freeze protection and will cope with temperatures of between -23 and -25 degrees Celsius - far colder than any region in Australia experiences!
Apricus is environmentally friendly
Apricus evacuated tube solar collectors not only stop you being so reliant on electricity and gas, they also look after the environment by being primarily constructed of recyclable materials. Even the packaging is recycled cardboard.
The savings Apricus brings
On average 40% of a Australian household's energy cost is for water heating. An Apricus evacuated tube solar collector system can more than halve that cost.
An Apricus system can be retrofitted to your existing home, or included in the plans of your new dream house. If you were to add the extra capital required to add a solar hot water system in your new house, the additional amount of interest payment would easily be covered by the savings in energy costs.
AquaMax Storage Tank
Designed to keep your family in steaming hot water all year round, AquaMAX continues to lead the way in energy and water efficient heaters using the latest technology and backed by solid warranties. AquaMAX are made in Australia for Australian conditions. AquaMAX have been associated with design and manufacture of water heating in the Australian hot water market for over sixty years.
If the water requires some additional heating the booster in the tank heats the water to the required temperature. The booster element only heats water when required (or when manually switched on), therefore saving you money through reduced electricity or gas consumption.
Solar hot water system components include
- Apricus solar hot water collector system - includes manifold, 22 evacuated tubes and copper heat pipes
- Quality AquaMax 250l vitreous enamel ("glass") lined tank with electric boost
- Standard frame for flush mounting solar collectors to tin or tile roofs
- Circulating pump
- Solastat solar controller
- Miscellaneous components - rubber pads, stainless steel straps, screws, bolts etc
- High temperature tempering valve
- Low angle frame can be used to raise the angle by 12 degrees
- Mid angle frame suitable for flat roof or low pitched roof
- High angle frame providing an adjustable range of 27 to 50 degrees
- Wall mounting - the low, mid or high angle kits can be used to mount a collector on a wall
- Pole mounting allowing orientation and angle to be easily set when a roof or wall mount is not suitable
|Product description ||22 tubes collector |
|Overall length - 1 ||1980 mm |
|Overall height - 2 ||156 mm |
|Overall width - 3 ||1636 mm |
|Absorber area - 4 ||1.76 m ? |
|Aperture area - 5 ||2.07 m ? |
|Gross area ||3.24 m ? |
|Gross dry weight - standard frame ||71.3 kg |
|Standard pressure rating ||800KPa or 116 psi |
|Fluid capacity ||0.55 L |
|Recommended fluid flow rate ||2 - 3 l/min |
|Collector efficiency ||73 % |
| ||Tank |
|Hot water delivery ||250 litres |
|Height ||1430 mm |
|Diameter ||617 mm |
|Weight ||75 kg |
|Maximum loading ||3600 watts |
|Heating element ||3600 watts |
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 29 July, 2009.