Solar Power In Canberra, ACT, 2601
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Australian Captial Territory, including Canberra (postcode: 2601) and the North Canberra region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout ACT.
Canberra not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Canberra
Australian Captial Territory, 2601
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Canberra , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the North Canberra region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Australian Captial Territory team on 133-SUN.
Canberra's solar energy resources
On average, Canberra receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.83 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Canberra should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 20° to 30° and the optimal angle is 25°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Canberra
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Canberra and is based on components well suited to Australian Capital Territory area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Canberra: 6.9066 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.105 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.5732 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2522 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $756 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Canberra
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Canberra: 13.8132 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.21 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 21.1464 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5045 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1513 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Canberra
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Canberra: 23.022 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 10.35 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 35.244 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8409 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2522 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Canberra
Solar installations in Canberra, ACT, 2601
There are 6 solar PV installations in Canberra's postcode, 2601, totaling 170.76 kW of capacity. The 2601 postcode accounts for 0% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Canberra area.
The average system size in Canberra is 28.46kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Canberra's postcode area are generating an average of 825 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $7423 monthly and $90312 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2601 postcode is enough to fully power 47 Australian homes.
Canberra solar carbon offset
System owners in Canberra's postcode are collectively avoiding 301 tonnes (coal fired power) or 120 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 43 - 108 cars off Canberra's roads.
Other related Canberra information
Canberra's coordinates are -35.28204,149.12858 and its weather station is located at Canberra (Civ/Mil). Canberra (Civ/Mil) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Canberra: 4.83 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.14 m/s
- Air pressure: 94.97 kPa
- Humidity: 66.67%
- Air temperature: 13.02 degrees C
- Earth temperature:14.26 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Canberra
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Canberra households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Canberra and the North Canberra region. For more ACT solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Australian Captial Territory or call our Canberra hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Canberra
Join Canberra's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Canberra and the North Canberra region. Call our Australian Captial Territory team on 133-SUN for more information.