On This Page
Lithgow in New South Wales (NSW) carries an industrial charm paired with the fascinating wilderness that creates the perfect balance of peace and adventure. It is a small and friendly town with a healthy atmosphere with an abundance of greenery. There is something for everyone in Lithgow.
The town experiences 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, which is why 12 per cent of households here have solar panels on their roofs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Lithgow*
Total Installed Capacity in Lithgow (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Lithgow, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Lithgow, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Lithgow
Switching to solar energy in Lithgow is one of the best things you can do when you’re here. Finding the right solar installer in Lithgow can make a huge difference. In addition, the right solar installer will consider your budget, personal preference, and energy needs.
However, most solar installers in Lithgow have a preferred solar manufacturer. Therefore, if you have a brand in mind, you should explore your options first by comparing solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Lithgow, NSW. They are manufacturers that are financially stable and will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels in NSW have gone down significantly. Today, most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can instal up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you size up where possible, especially with the rapid pace of electrification today that may impact your future energy needs. Being prepared as early as now, especially if you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon, is a good idea.
Solar rebates and incentives in Lithgow, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Lithgow may be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. It lets homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap in Lithgow, NSW. Through this, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to households and businesses in Lithgow, NSW. You or your installer can trade STCs for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Lithgow. However, keep in mind that the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiTs)
Your energy provider will be the one to give you FiTs. You get FiTs when you export energy from your solar system back into the grid. Therefore, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Lithgow
Here are important factors to consider to help you get the right solar system in Lithgow, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in good condition before you install solar panels in Lithgow, NSW.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Lithgow, you need to have an idea of the number of solar panels you need. You can determine this by checking your previous energy bills to get an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your home can impact the efficiency of your solar panels. That’s why it’s crucial that you trim them down. In addition, your solar installer will help you find the right location for your rooftop solar panels in Lithgow.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery storage in Lithgow, NSW?
With a solar battery in Lithgow, you can look forward to a self-sufficient home. You can use it to store excess energy that you can use throughout the night or on overcast days.
Here are the benefits of buying a solar battery in Lithgow, NSW:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery. You can make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Lithgow.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Lithgow rarely happen, but they’re not impossible. You can protect your home from blackouts when you have a solar battery at home, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back o the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Lithgow
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Lithgow solar panels
A mid-range home in Lithgow can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern because this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.